Question for everybody: Interested in Custom Heritage Speakers?

Chad

As an offshoot of this project, it would be nice if Klipsch would offer replacement cane grills for Heritage speakers. I would love to see my Heresy II & Chorus II's in cane for a change.

I don't know if we will do that - it would make almost too much sense - BUT I do know that we are going to start making it easier to purchase specific parts on the website which is hopefully a precursor to things like replacement grilles.

• Like 4

I think Klipsch should go back to the basics.

How about something they call oak. I briefly owned a pair of Heresy II's in oiled walnut.

The wood finish reminded me of furniture you would buy at Walmart. Don't get me wrong the color was great but it didn't look like real wood. I'm guy that rebuilds Klipsch speakers for fun.... Or as my wife says therapy. Mostly Quartets /Forte's /Chorus. No matter what type of finish. They look like real wood.

Thanks

G.E.M

Edited by oldred

Hello friends.......   Enjoying the 'banter' on exotic woods and the 'cane' grill requests..

Since Dude® was so nice to compliment on my pair of K'Horns I thought I would dig up the photo from years ago after I cleaned and oiled them up...

These are the ONLY known pair I have ever seen with WHITE grill cloth, and the Walnut does seem to have hints of red tone in it.  From 1968 and made WITHOUT the 'spacer' which was common back in those days.  Why these were not made with them is interesting and different.  

The grain pattern is not too shabby either.. ;)

So, for your perusal, here is the photo, and possible idea for the white grill cloth  :) ..

PS. Ryan has been to 'Music Hall', and seen them up close and personal, oh yeah, and he heard them too  :lol: Studio%20-%20Promo.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5

Thank you SO much everyone for your comments/compliments on my K'Horn pair........  I really wished I knew more of their history, but I do not...  I was only 16 years old when they were built, and they did not fall into my hands nearly 40 years later  !   

I was very happy to find an ADDITIONAL signature on the inside of the bass section near the 15" driver!  I believe from the fellow that actually built them!, hand written in pencil  :emotion-21:

Yes, they are real keepsakes and I am so fortunate to have them here in Music Hall    :smile:

...........Gary

• Like 2

Just finished reading g through the whole thread and another thought rises to the forefonrt of my hind brain:

Badges!  Yes we need new stinking badges!

Cheap to run off a few different kinds and then offer them as options. from classic to current.

Yes we need out stinkin badges!

• Chad locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic