Question for everybody: Interested in Custom Heritage Speakers?

Chad

Need a Millennial line too for the overpaid techies with big pockets.

Something brown/black that looks like it came from Crate and Barrel, and something in distressed/old barnwood type solid wood like what's popular in what passes for avante guard in the Big Apple these days.

Just finished reading g through the whole thread and another thought rises to the forefonrt of my hind brain:

Badges!  Yes we need new stinking badges!

Cheap to run off a few different kinds and then offer them as options. from classic to current.

Yes we need out stinkin badges!

From what I read a year or so ago, badges were cut off to the public because people were putting them on DIY speakers that were not Klipsch's.

Just finished reading g through the whole thread and another thought rises to the forefonrt of my hind brain:

Badges!  Yes we need new stinking badges!

Cheap to run off a few different kinds and then offer them as options. from classic to current.

Yes we need out stinkin badges!

From what I read a year or so ago, badges were cut off to the public because people were putting them on DIY speakers that were not Klipsch's.

Could be, but that's not what I'm getting at.  What I'm saying is if your order a Khorn, you get to pick the badges that go on it from several different types.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thank you for your input and opinions everyone! We've passed this thread on to management. Hopefully you'll hear some exciting things come from this relatively soon!

• Like 3

• Chad locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Coming soon... East Indian Rosewood Heresy and California Black Walnut Heresy and Cornwalls.  Best I can tell the latter is also more commonly known as Claro Walnut.  If so... oh my.  I already have the part numbers and they seem to be pre-orderable so this is legit.  

MKguitar3.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah Cory but keep in mind when you goggle that specific wood you will always get super heavy figured veneered pieces like guitars and what not. I doubt anything Klipsch is making will have that nice of veneer. That stuff usually comes in much smaller pieces. I've looked at tons of veneer. Once you start getting into bigger sheet for speakers they options get less exotic. Unless they are of course buying tons of small sheet and book matching and whatnot in house (which I doubt) 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2016 at 1:52 PM, Scrappydue said:

Yeah Cory but keep in mind when you goggle that specific wood you will always get super heavy figured veneered pieces like guitars and what not. I doubt anything Klipsch is making will have that nice of veneer. That stuff usually comes in much smaller pieces. I've looked at tons of veneer. Once you start getting into bigger sheet for speakers they options get less exotic. Unless they are of course buying tons of small sheet and book matching and whatnot in house (which I doubt) 

Looks nice enough so far.  

Cornwall_California_Black_Walnut.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few ideas - not sure if they're been mentioned yet.  Some of it may not be completely practical.

Most everyone in this thread is talking about veneers and grille cloth.  Those things are really important, but I'd like to mention a few other things.

One would be to get old-timers involved.  Retired employees that could help with aspects of the build, even if installing grille cloth or sanding wood.

Keep track of all employees who worked on a custom speaker and have them sign off on the pieces.  Keep this documentation to be delivered with the speakers.

Have a web portal where the customer can log in and have DAILY updates and detailed photos of the ongoing build process.

Finally, a photo of the finished goods with everyone gathered around.  An album of photos delivered with the speakers would be fantastic.  I think this would add to the value of the speakers and if it is an available option, there will be people willing to pay for it.

On 6/7/2016 at 10:19 PM, Islander said:

Koa is really good-looking, but I think there has been a ban on its export from Hawaii for several years now, because it's considered an endangered species at this time.

Koa is still readily available in both standard and figured. It is one of the most beautiful woods I have ever seen or worked with. I chose figured Koa when I built my 3-way Jube Clones. It also looks equally nice with Klipsch black OR brown cloth. It doesn't get much prettier than this....

DSCN1877.JPG

DSCN1834.JPG

DSCN1871.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...