70th anniversary khorns and herseys

calhockey10

I tend to believe that when we are talking about the "living embodiment of PWK's 8 Cardinal Points" every year of Klipschorn production is special.

The issue is the price...$16,000.

what's the issue?  If it's MSRP or even a discounted MSRP and he's an authorized dealer, again, what's the issue?  Take it up with the corporate sales gurus at HQ, not this guy.

boy i tell you what. last three posts I've seen from you, you seem awfully cranky and touchy about things. have a beer and chill out a little  :emotion-22:

I tend to believe that when we are talking about the "living embodiment of PWK's 8 Cardinal Points" every year of Klipschorn production is special.

what's the issue? If it's MSRP or even a discounted MSRP and he's an authorized dealer, again, what's the issue? Take it up with the corporate sales gurus at HQ, not this guy.

boy i tell you what. last three posts I've seen from you, you seem awfully cranky and touchy about things. have a beer and chill out a little :emotion-22:

You are correct sir!

20% off before shipping not sure what the price was originally kinda vague

The K-horns are $16,000 a pair, Heresy is $3,200 a pair.  Last I checked there were still a few K-horns available.  This guy has been shopping these all over the place.  

Unfortunately, many of us may no longer be the target market for a new pair.  However, it would appear from the information above that calhockey10 and MetropolisLakeOutfitters are estimating that it could take about $12,800 to acquire the new fancy walnut with the fancy name badge pair of 70 anniversary Klipschorn loudspeakers.  B) 

In relation to the twelve common higher-end brand names listed below that can be found mentioned in many audio publications, can you find a better price/performance ratio in the respective top of the line loudspeakers for each of these brands? 

While I'm sure that some will ultimately believe they have, I believe that in almost all of the instances in question below, the specific model that I have listed or the top model of the general brand that I have listed, will cost much more and arguably none will be following PWK's 8 Cardinal Points. :emotion-14:

Revel Ultima Salon2,

Legacy Audio Whisper XD

Joseph Audio

Thiel

Salk Sound

B&W

Wilson Audio

Ariel Acoustics

Kef Reference 207/2

Focal

Dynaudio

Avantgarde

• Like 1

And I'm not so sure after several hours of the 600's my hearing is any better!

Absolutely NO disrespect for the mighty 600s, but that is WHY your K'horns seem to sound better.  It is an inherently unimprovable design with such physics and theories we have to work with.  The K'horn is the living embodiment of PWK's 8 Cardinal Points. 

Dave

There is nothing special about 70 years. If it was 50 or 100 years, ok. Even 75, But 70?????

I tend to believe that when we are talking about the "living embodiment of PWK's 8 Cardinal Points" every year of Klipschorn production is special. B)

As to the improvement of hearing after listening to good loudspeakers, there may be something to that.  When, at 14, I first went to the then plentiful audio show rooms to compare speakers, I began to hear textures and details that I never noticed before, even though I played in an orchestra.  From then on both the orchestra and recorded music sounded more detailed to me.

Perhaps the title of the Rolling Stone article on PWK & Company put it best: "I've been to the City of Hope and my ears are open wide."

• Like 1