Sherbourn PT-7010A Pre-Pro

Youthman

• Moderators

For fun, I picked up a Sherbourn PT-7010A Preamp to play with.  I wish I had this with my previous Sherbourn 200 x 7 amp to try it out with but I've got a 2ch amp I can use to see how it compares to my two Harman Kardon Receivers.   Hoping to get some time to play with it this weekend but might be too busy.

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-4.jpg

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-5.jpg

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-6.jpg

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-7.jpg

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-9.jpg

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-8.jpg

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-2.jpg

sherbourn-pt7010a-prepro-3.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It's interesting, my home theater journey started many years ago with a Harman Kardon AVR55 receiver.  Upgraded to an Onkyo 703, then to a Yamaha RX-V1800, then Emotiva UMC-1, then Harman Kardon AVR3600.  I watched as I had come full circle back to the Harman Kardon sound. It wasn't until I put together a 2ch setup in the living room that I upgraded the HK AVR3600 to an Onkyo TX-NR5008. 

For the 2ch setup, I knew my ears prefer the HK sound for music so I purchased an HK3490. I was curious if I should move to a dedicated PrePro since I don't use the amp in the HK3490.  Although the Sherbourn sounds great, there is still something about the HK Signature Sound that my ears prefer so I listed the Sherbourn on CL tonight. 

It's always fun trying out new gear though.

• Moderators

I listed it on CL for $400 but I would take less from a forum member.  That's probably at the top end but I'm not in a hurry to sell it.  Figured I would sell some of my gear that I'm not using to replace some funds I spent tonight on the DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter:D 

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you are interested and we can work out a price.  Michael