Mint Condition RC-64ii for sale CT area $600-Updated pictures

AaronB123

I think that i would be happier with the Cornwall. You're right that the Cornwall was made to be a center to the Khorn. Because of that, it doesn't do as well as the Chorus II for a full range set up. Funny thing about that is the Cornwall is still being made and not the Chorus.  B)

BTW, that's a real nice looking RC-64 you're offering.  

• Like 1

I think that i would be happier with the Cornwall. You're right that the Cornwall was made to be a center to the Khorn. Because of that, it doesn't do as well as the Chorus II for a full range set up. Funny thing about that is the Cornwall is still being made and not the Chorus.  B)

BTW, that's a real nice looking RC-64 you're offering.  

Ya, I can't believe they stopped making the Chorus! That's the speaker that started my whole Klipsch journey! I'll never get rid of my choruses. 

Thank's I do love the RC-64ii it definitely comes to life when playing Blu-Ray's or anything with a really high audio  bitrate it just seems like it takes a bit more to drive it than the La Scala's but I'm sure thats due to the La Scala's ultra  high sensitivity. I guess it's not really fair to compare them to the La Scala's though I mean those have a 4,000 dollar a piece MSRP but for the most part the RC-64 does hold it's own paired with them which is very impressive. Easily the best center I've ever owned by leaps and bounds though! 

I know you say money is tight but that's the case for many of us. Sound to me like you should sell your center for as much as you can and then buy a pair of lascalas at a good price and sell the second one to the other guy on here looking for the same thing.

• Like 2

I know you say money is tight but that's the case for many of us. Sound to me like you should sell your center for as much as you can and then buy a pair of lascalas at a good price and sell the second one to the other guy on here looking for the same thing.

Ya, I have thought about doing that.

In MHO the Chorus II can hold it's own against the LaScala....... maybe better

I can't speak for the Chorus II as I've never heard them but as far as the Chorus I goes I would have to disagree. They are amazing speakers but the La Scala's definitely have a much bigger sound stage and seem to be able to easily play much louder. I know a lot of people have disagreed on this but in my experience the La Scala's seem to have a better bass response as well. This could easily just be my room acoustics though because I have heard many people rave about the Chorus's bass response but I personally was never overly impressed with it. 

As I said though I still own a pair of Chorus's and love them dearly and am not saying that I don't think they are amazing. Could be the simple fact that they need more power than the La Scala's to really shine. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congrats!!!!!!!     I had the original 64 loved the sound quality sold it with my 83's the sound was good but just a touch Bright 

Might of been the eq. When I first got the RC-64ii before I callibrated it, it was way too bright had a horrible hiss to it. Callibrated it with MCACC pro and it make it sound 100% better.