total solar eclipse 2017

Paducah Home Theater

So who is coming over next year for the solar eclipse?  My place is right in line for it apparently.  As far as I can tell, there hasn’t been one to hit the continental US since 1979, and that one kinda sucked.  I was asked to host a mini-party and blast The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd during the eclipse.  Not sure how many people would travel for such a thing, but if that interests you, then you’re welcome to come over. Rumor has it that area hotels are already booked up but I cannot confirm.  

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm#Kentucky

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/communities/states/KY/Paducah_426.htm

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Like I said, it will be weather dependant, I thought we would get Kevin to drive his KP 600s up to Coytee's who would have his big rig set up and ready to go. If we had hint of cloud cover we all haul *** up to Paducah.

I am trying to figure out how to match that all up with the new Klipsch Heritage Museum Association.

How far, in time and distance is it from Knoxville to Paducah?

• Moderators

This is the map to use to see how much the duration of the totality is in a particular area.

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html?Lat=37.0833&Lng=-88.6&Zoom=9&Map=%27ROADMAP%27&OMap=0

The goal is to be in a spot that is close to 2 minutes, 30 seconds. I have mapped Richard's and it is 2 mins and 21 seconds.

We would start the lp so that the last note was playing as the totality ended.

The freakish think about a solar eclipse is that it will start out a normal summer day, totally bright, and in CTZ and ETZ, anout the middle of the day it will grow darker and darker and then in a quick instant it will be like someone turned the sun off, it will be as dark as it is with a full moon.

About a thousand times more intense than a lunar eclipse.

So other songs, You're So Vain has to be at top of the list. Need to play that right before DSOM or after.

Edited by dwilawyer

I've dropped word (hint?) to the wife about this.  Her basic response was I better get a number of projects done prior to then.  (this list of course can be changed or lengthened at anytime by her and only her.  Notice that I did not say shortened :wacko: ?!!)

Also mentioned it to her cousin and his wife (who live next door) as it would also put some imposition upon them.

If anyone wants to google my location, my address is 4960 Coytee Road, Greenback TN 37742.

Yes...now you know where I got my screen name, if you didn't already.

Here's an bird's eye view of the place.  The outer white circle is the approximate border of the farm and the inner white circle would be where my house is (power supply) and more importantly, the field in front of the house.

post-12967-0-17040000-1464209104_thumb.j