100th Indy 500

Ceptorman

Anybody else going? It is sellout, first time in the history of the Indy 500. 355k people expected to be there, 100k more than last year.

It will also be televised in the Indy area, first time in 65 years.

The speeds are up also. A Penske car turned a practice lap of 232+, qualifying speeds of 231+

This will be the 50th anniversary of Roger Penske's first race, he will drive the pace car.

There's not a hotel room available with an hour of Indy.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Klipsch will be present at Carb day :-). They are letting us enjoy the day there. Wish I was lucky enough to get one of the comps that we got for the race.

• Like 1

My kids are going but, I can't make it due to other obligations. :(   Who cares, who wins, the fun is the atmosphere, lol.

You're right, the race is awesome, but watching all the pre-race festivities is what makes it so special.

The tribute to the military is spectacular. And when they play Taps, all those people completely quiet. pretty amazing.

We have friends flying in from Portland Oregon to go to the race. I really enjoy just walking around outside of the track seeing all of the "fun" people out there including all of the vendors selling various and sundry stuff. The best part of the actual race for me is the start and the insanity in turn one...

I am not going... I will will be damn sure watching it. speeds are up this year.

greatest weekend for motorsports.

Yes it is…..Monaco F1, Nascar Coke 600, and the Indy 500….that's about 12 hours of racing!

• Like 1

What are the weather guessers' predicting for the 500? Around KC we have 40% chances for the next 6 days. Since we got back from Hope on Sunday we're at 3+ inches. Had 3/4 inch this morning in about an hour. Looks like it can pour any minute.

What are the weather guessers' predicting for the 500? Around KC we have 40% chances for the next 6 days. Since we got back from Hope on Sunday we're at 3+ inches. Had 3/4 inch this morning in about an hour. Looks like it can pour any minute.

I'm currently watching the local news. Predicting a slight (20%) chance of rain. It will be humid, high of 85. They're expecting 350k+ people, so get there early.

My brother is spotting for Oriol Servia. He's up high in the 1st turn. He races for Schmidt, teammates with the pole sitter Hinchcliffe. He says there's a huge buzz around the team, with Hinch getting most of the attention. I think it would be a good time for Servia to steal a victory.

• Moderators

My brother is spotting for Oriol Servia. He's up high in the 1st turn. He races for Schmidt, teammates with the pole sitter Hinchcliffe. He says there's a huge buzz around the team, with Hinch getting most of the attention. I think it would be a good time for Servia to steal a victory.

Schmidt, a Pepperdine Grad, I will be routing for him heavily.