Heresey II (adding additional bookshelf speakers)

Absurd

Forgive me if this is the incorrect forum to post this question.

Beginner into the sound world, I am currently running a pair of Klipsch Hersey II speakers through a Kenwood 7100 receiver.

I would like to add a second set of smaller bookshelf speakers to accompany the Hersey II's is this possible?

Any recommendations of what smaller sized speaker would be best?

Welcome to the forum Absurd. If your Kenwood offers a second set of speaker inputs then sure, feel free to set up another pair. I would suggest something along the lines of KSB 3.1, B3, SB3 or something with IMG woofers to sound sort of similar to your Hersey II's. Maybe set them at a different elevation so you can hear the benefit of a second pair because obviously your Heresies will be more powerful and you don't want to drown the second pair out. A perfect match would be a second pair of Heresy II's but they may be pricey or hard to find for what you need.

Tim

• Like 1

Hello all,

Thanks for the responses.

I was looking at a pair of KG2s so that will likely be the route I will go.  I'd love another pair of Hersey II but unfortunately an additional pair would be too big for the room. 

• Like 1

Hello all,

Thanks for the responses.

I was looking at a pair of KG2s so that will likely be the route I will go.  I'd love another pair of Hersey II but unfortunately an additional pair would be too big for the room. 

You may want to look at the dimensional specs for both....The KG2 is only very slightly smaller than the Heresy.  And again, what is your end goal, Home Theater or?