Moon Neo 430 HAD

A1UC

Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC

UPS just dropped this off , I had a few minutes to listen with my HD800S and
It blew me away unreal . I can't wit to listen later tonight . I have a pair of HEK and Abyss headphones on they way also . I will update this later this week . I'm using my Totaldac twelve as a source not the built in DAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-49590-0-17320000-1469535734_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2016 at 4:38 PM, A1UC said:

Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC

UPS just dropped this off , I had a few minutes to listen with my HD800S and
It blew me away unreal . I can't wit to listen later tonight . I have a pair of HEK and Abyss headphones on they way also . I will update this later this week . I'm using my Totaldac twelve as a source not the built in DAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0892.JPG

I recently picked up a pair of Audioquest Nighthawks and low and behold I noticed my BAT Pre AMP does not have a headphone jack.  Called the shop and was told i need to check out a Moon Neo Series 230 HAD or their 430 HA.  I was told the 230 HAD goes for around $1500 so I expect the 420 HA is getting up there in price.  Wondering if you previewed both headphone amps and if so, what made you opt for the big dog?

I got my Takatsuki 274B Rectifier tubes today , Oh Man these made a huge difference . Now I need to buy a pair of the Takatsuki 300B to match , the bad thing is the 4 tubes cost more than the  Woo WA5-LE  cost new . I wish I could demo this Headphone setup to a few people its that good

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2016 at 8:30 PM, boomac said:

I recently picked up a pair of Audioquest Nighthawks and low and behold I noticed my BAT Pre AMP does not have a headphone jack.  Called the shop and was told i need to check out a Moon Neo Series 230 HAD or their 430 HA.  I was told the 230 HAD goes for around $1500 so I expect the 420 HA is getting up there in price.  Wondering if you previewed both headphone amps and if so, what made you opt for the big dog?

Did you ever pickup a headphone amp ?

Not yet!  I have two other systems that have headphone jacks so it's not major a priority.  I understand Bryston is introducing a new CD Player in the near future and I'd like to check one out when available.  They also have a nice headphone amp as well and I'm leaning in that direction.  Perhaps I can get a deal if I buy both.