The making of the best Martini I ever had

Pete H

All kidding aside, all of this is subjective, just like audio.  Everyone's ears and palate are different.

Over the years I've experimented and learned how to make martinis the way I want them to taste.  I've also tweaked all my audio systems to sound the way I want them to sound.  If you don't like my stereos or my martinis it's a matter just of preference or taste.  It doesn't mean either one of us are right or better, just different.

Vive la difference.

• Like 1

So what's the drink of choice for the Indy 500?  The last race I went to there was the Brickyard back in 99 or 2000 and the entire weekend was on Conseco including a sit down dinner event with AJ seats in the suite, an absolutely incredible weekend and one that I doubt I will ever top for a race.

Mainly domestic beer…in cans. Coors Light, Bud, Bud Light, Miller, and lots of it. They do have stands selling mixed drinks also. They actually don't gouge you on the drinks like some sporting events do. They'll also have some import beer stands, Guinness is popular. They will allow you to bring in a 14" cooler. It takes over e week to clean the place up after.

• Moderators

I've been thinking about having a one martini shake off with Chuck, declare him the winner and as such, maker of martinis for the next gathering.  I'm sure I can find something else to do while he's behind the bar B)

Smart move, or at least have some apprentice shakers,  not involving the poles on the bar !  :lol:

All this talk about gin made me run to the store and pick up a bottle of what a few of you recommend. It's not bad. A little heavier and smoother than what I normally drink. Goes down nice with a little flowery nose. It's a little pricey but a nice change of pace.

post-13087-0-57080000-1464474629_thumb.j

All this talk about gin made me run to the store and pick up a bottle of what a few of you recommend. It's not bad. A little heavier and smoother than what I normally drink. Goes down nice with a little flowery nose. It's a little pricey but a nice change of pace.

I hope you're a sapphire (Bombay) kind of guy :) :) :)

100 shakes? is that 50 up and down or 100 each direction? I'm trying to work it make, the more the better it seems I try,they get

Mark

Not big into saphire. One of the gins I really like is New Amsterdam. It's about the cheapest too. I guess that says something about my tastes. My favorite cost excluded is Tanquery 10. I'm a vodka guy at heart though.

I just wanted to say a big "Thank you"  to everyone that was free in sharing their alcohol with me! Just like different perceptions in or Audio hobby, I got to enjoy a few Gems that others liked that pleased my pallet, that I never had tried before :)

First, to Carl, my first ever Martini. I believe that Carl made me a total of 5 over the event, but the two I had the first night back to back, coupled with the wild turkey American Honey really had me snookered for awhile :)

Thank you Ron, for sharing your top shelf whiskey with me :)

Thank you Dave / Seadog, for the great beer you shared with me! :)

And Thank you Travis, for freely sharing your Gallon of local spirits freely with myself and just about everyone else! :)

Finally, it wasn't liquor, but a big Thank you to Luther, for bringing 70 pounds of great smoked sausage clear from Smity's in Texas for everyone to enjoy!  :) 

Thank you all for making this such a great time for myself, and everyone... Roger

• Like 1