The making of the best Martini I ever had

Pete H

No the ice is the secret.

Depends on what you are doing and how.  G&T really needs ice, but all ingredients should be sub zero to start except for the tonic, which should be just barely above freezing.  Ice should be the densest clear rock ice.  That way you have minimum dilution.  I am not happy unless ice forms on the outside of the glass. 

Dave

I'm sure your drink is just fine but you will admit that several who judged your martini the best ever had never had one before :wacko: .....see post #1. 

To put this in audio context it's like someone first speaker experience would be listening to K horns then waiting a year and listening to some Bose.

Depends on what you are doing and how.  G&T really needs ice, but all ingredients should be sub zero to start except for the tonic, which should be just barely above freezing.  Ice should be the densest clear rock ice.  That way you have minimum dilution.  I am not happy unless ice forms on the outside of the glass. 

Dave

Sounds absolutely yummy. How about you make me one next year. With all these drink afficianiados we have coming next year I'll be able to just sit back watch and sample. Sweet!

Dave

Sounds absolutely yummy. How about you make me one next year. With all these drink afficianiados we have coming next year I'll be able to just sit back watch and sample. Sweet!

Not sure I'll supply as much largesse as you on a retired NPO startup budget, but manning a bar with you in non-competing drinks until I run out of stuff on Friday would be fun.  Sounds like a deal.  We can take breaks...

Dave

I propose that we petition (somebody) to import natural, blue pure glacier ice, from whatever glacier is deemed worthy at the moment, delivered by heavy drone delivery vehicle to an assistant to Carl (to be named later....) at the bar, for subsequent crushing and preparation......   

• Like 1