Sold Realistic STA 2080

To me, this one is a very respectable looking receiver. I really like the grey face plate, 80 wpc of SS power and MOSFET transistor sound. 

The bad: (1) it has a chew place in the RR of the side plate (see pic). It's not factory installed and I'm sure it was disheartening to the owner at the time. (2) It runs hot. Everything that I read said that it's what these do. I ran a very small fan on a switched outlet on the receiver.  

This one would be perfect for a main listening area or a bedroom system. All I ask is $200 and that you give it a good home. I can put it in my shop, but my wood shop is dusty and the 2080 deserves better than that. This is another one that if no one else wants, I will be happy to keep.  :P

A stock internet pic and an pic showing the bad spot.  

post-56159-0-27240000-1464326986_thumb.j

post-56159-0-19480000-1464327093_thumb.j

Edited by jweber

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my new receiver all hooked up and everything is as expected. Delivery to my door and meeting James and his wife were the added bonuses. He was brutally honest about this receiver, at times I thought he was trying to talk me out of it. Never was a big Realistic fan but knew they had some quality stuff manufactured for them, and this must be the case here. I also have had a few MOSFET amps in the past that I liked so I took the plunge. I was going for the retro look. I think hooking them up to a pair of Heresy's and putting them in a knotty pine rathskeller, it is like a time warp. Sound as nice as it looks. Thanks James!

post-60988-0-96820000-1469389233_thumb.j

• Like 2

It is extremely heavy. I told jweb that if it doesn't work, I at least have an excellent boat anchor. One day, I will get curious enough to weigh that bad boy!

edit: just looked it up and it weighs 48 lbs!!!

Edited by MookieStl
  • Like 3

Mike, you're doing what I wanted someone to do: Give it a good home. Although I wanted to keep it, it wasn't getting used here and that's not fair to it or someone who could use it. Being bass heavy, it did great on my La Scala and should have the same affect on your Heresy. It was really nice meeting you and thanks for the tour. 

Here is a 1982 Radio Shack Catalog. On page 15 features the STA 2080. 

BTW, rumor has it that it weighs 48 pounds  :lol:

Thanks again,

James

• Like 2