acoustic audiophile music?

Paducah Home Theater

Anybody have a real good list of acoustic guitar stuff to show off a system with?  Hotel California is a given, otherwise stuff like this below.  I always have Spanish guitars and Rodrigo y Gabriela playing in the background but most of it is fairly mellow.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

I also Love Japanese Imperial Court music... know as Gagaku:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Debashish Bhattacharya is fantasic...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnatic music Played on the Veena

all sound fantastic on La Scala's!

Edited by Schu

• Moderators

But keep this in mind:

"Companies should replace weak-sauce audiophile music with something like Hendrix in the West if you must do a vinyl demo - and don't forget to crank it up a little. Respectfully, if your demo system can't play Hendrix, then stay at home, because your rig sucks."

See more at: http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-music/better-demo-music-actually-sells-true-high-end-audio.html#.dpuf

• Like 1

Also... voices count!

The Bulgarian State Womans Choir

Magical on Heritage.

FWIW... I have seen all my offerings Live in person in the past.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Lawson Rollins - Traveler - sounds good downloaded from hdtracks.  Good background music.  Last year, I was doing a presentation at a movie theatre and had my laptop connected to the theatre's audio and video. I played Traveler while customers were arriving and mingling.  I don't know what kind of speakers they had behind the movie screen, but it sounded awesome.

"Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City Music Hall" bluray is my go to reference for acoustic guitar and video quality.

I know they have disbanded but the Civil Wars are/were incredible with Joy Williams' unmatched voice, their harmonies, great song writing, and John Paul White's beautiful acoustic guitar.

ca20b033ea42ddca1df2c2328e354ada74665daa

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

FWIW... I have seen all my offerings Live in person in the past.

I've seen Rodrigo y Gabriela live on the front row of the Ryman's balcony, that's what got me hooked on this stuff.  Just incredible sounding.  Gabriela's percussive slaps were coming through the subs as if she had an oversized kick drum.  The string attacks were just so friggin clear.  

This was the opening act, a guy from Europe called Milow, he was good too but was more folk oriented, like Jack Johnson meets James Taylor.  You can see me standing up clapping on the top left balcony, front row.  

10584596_691091844304444_717086003_n.jpg

My wife really liked him.  Here is one of his concerts.  He was a little different at the Ryman, there was just him, a guitar, and his brother helping out with another guitar, that's it.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters