WTB- 15' passive radiators

Miami305NATIVE

Hi all,

I'm looking for replacements for my forte ii passive subs (KD-15), as one has a tiny hole the other was ripped and got duck taped back together by original owner. The look just bugs me, so if any one has a pair they want to get rid or know where to find a DIY recone kit, send a link.

I only find active sub kits or surround kits. So, any help will be appreciated. :)

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Simply Speakers in Tampa should still sell recone kits. They arent taking on any more work and referred me. I just sent a 15" passive to the Speaker Exchange in Tampa for reconing. $50 plus shipping

Mark

+1 on that....they both do a good job...about $180.00 for the pair should do including the round trip....

G.E.M.

On 5/29/2016 at 8:52 AM, Miami305NATIVE said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for replacements for my forte ii passive subs (KD-15), as one has a tiny hole the other was ripped and got duck taped back together by original owner. The look just bugs me, so if any one has a pair they want to get rid or know where to find a DIY recone kit, send a link.

I only find active sub kits or surround kits. So, any help will be appreciated. :)

You probably can repair what you have, or at least make it a lot better until new PRs come your way.

From the back, you can patch holes or cracks using 'Silkspan' and adhesive. Some people have used craft paper, coffee filter paper and such rather than Silkspan. Google search it, there is lots of advice.

3 hours ago, oldred said:

+1 on that....they both do a good job...about $180.00 for the pair should do including the round trip....

G.E.M.

Red

He's in Miami, Tampa is 4 hours, I paid $12.95 for FedEx from here in Chicago. Personally, I would make the trip just to go to the Clearwater area or Ybor City

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 9:56 AM, Weber said:

You probably can repair what you have, or at least make it a lot better until new PRs come your way.

From the back, you can patch holes or cracks using 'Silkspan' and adhesive. Some people have used craft paper, coffee filter paper and such rather than Silkspan. Google search it, there is lots of advice.

Thanks for the tip, I did try a DYI remedy and made the mistake of patching in the front. It did the job, but the paper I used had an ugly pattern that I should have taken into account before doing. I will try the 'Silkspan' and adhesive next time, thanks again.

-Rob

On 10/15/2016 at 5:46 AM, ZEUS121996 said:

Simply Speakers in Tampa should still sell recone kits. They arent taking on any more work and referred me. I just sent a 15" passive to the Speaker Exchange in Tampa for reconing. $50 plus shipping

Mark

Thanks Mark, I didn't know Speaker Exchange did that service. I'll check it out.

-Rob