peavy RX-22 in place of kn-63 in epic CF3

Sammyd

The original aluminum rolls off hard above 12.8Khz because of the poor tolerances in the gap, I don't know that the current version is any better.

Like all compression drivers, the mass roll-off starts in the 3~4Khz region, and rolls off at 6dB/octave above this point, and 12dB/octave above the inductance corner, them 18dB/octave above the corner caused by the air trapped between the phase-plug and the diaphragm.

http://s56.photobucket.com/user/dkleitsch/media/EVvsJBL.gif.html?sort=3&o=137

The EV DH1506 is the basis for the Klipsch KN-63, the DH2 is the closest current part.

Edited by djk

Sorry I'm late to the party, Sammy.  I have a pair of kn-63 I can sell you if you need a replacement.

I once A/B'd my KN-63 against an $80 Denovo Audio DNA-360 and could not hear a difference in the two side-by-side.

f0c3fef7_IMG_3772.jpeg

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1527228-seos-12-vs-klipsch-horn-i-did-bad-thing.html

Did one blow up or are you trying to upgrade?

Edited by wvu80

If he just needs a single, I have one available.

Wow, that's pretty nice.  :)  Those of us who have an extra or two guard them like they're gold!  If the OP only needs one and you don't mind giving one up, I would be happy if he would pick up the single from you.

I would prefer to sell mine as a pair and let the new buyer keep the spare or sell it off.  In any case mine are not on the open market, I am holding them in reserve for when a forum member needs one.

Or two.  B)