Goldstar Theater

Darqman

First stab at posting pics here. The folks in this forum really helped me out with advice purchasing and configuring my new system, so I wanted to post some pics. I spent about 2 hours today listening to some hi res music and the system sounds fantastic!  It's a huge step up from the Sonos Playbar. Thanks again to those who shared their knowledge. I'm still working on my photography skills :-)

b999d78db2.jpg

b99ac5c2cc.jpg

• Like 6

Oh, I forgot to mention there is a RP-250c behind the middle of the AT screen.  It was shipped to me accidently by Mike at Acoustic Sound Design and he let me keep it because the sub had some slight cosmetic damage to the side of the cabinet.  I read all about two centers and decided to try it and it's working out well.

Amazing...curious...what are the room dimensions?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

maseline_98, the room dimensions are just a few inches over 20'L x 15'W. Here are some pics of the transformation. The room was originally a sunroom and with 9' pool table. There's a total of 9 windows that I covered with utility board that I painted using the same paint used to paint the walls.  The home theater curtains were hung before the utility board was put up, but during the day light bleed in between the curtain panels. 

bd63c6cfbc.jpg

This was the day the project started in late December, 2014. Pool table gone, old carpet gone and lumber in ready to build riser. This picture was taken from the same location in the room as the first picture showing the screen wall above.

bd5241fac8.jpg

This shot was taken close to the same location as the second photo showing the back of the room.

bd58a62c50.jpg

For some reason, the original owner didn't run any central A/C ducts in the room, so I installed a Mitsubishi ductless AC/heat pump in the ceiling. It's whisper quiet and so far I've been happy with the job it does.

Where did you get your theater seating ? I really like those seats you have. The whole room looks great.

Mike M, I bought the seats from Roman on AVSforum. I bought 6 Escapes from the Fusion collection. The chairs come in bonded or top grain leather, these are top grain.  They have electric recline, electric head rests and each cup holder has a drink holder with an aluminum cooler plate.  If you use a can or stainless cup it actually does an okay job, but is a bit "gimmicky".  All the controls light up and are touch sensitive but can be locked with the press of a button to keep from unintentionally triggering them when grabbing your drink. 

http://www.rtheaters.com/FusionCollection/FC-Escape-1019.html

I really can't say enough about Roman and the customer service he provided.  I had two small problems that he immediately fixed when I emailed him.  He always responded quickly and never left me hanging or worried.  I can recommend doing business with him without hesitation.  

Edited by Darqman

Oh, I forgot to mention there is a RP-250c behind the middle of the AT screen.  It was shipped to me accidently by Mike at Acoustic Sound Design and he let me keep it because the sub had some slight cosmetic damage to the side of the cabinet.  I read all about two centers and decided to try it and it's working out well.

How do you have the dual centers wired together?

Very nice looking room.

How do you have the dual centers wired together?

Very nice looking room.

FuzzyDog, the two center are wired in series to reduce load on my receiver. I watched The Force Awakens last night and the dialog is crystal clear. The center behind the screen widens the dialog and makes it easier for the back row to hear.  I read all the negatives and decided to try it. If it didn't work out I could just disconnect it. So far it sounds like it's going to work out.

c43445e981.png

Looks fantastic.  Can't agree with Scrapy more, seems we are always chasing the next sound improvement.  I have spent the last couple months just enjoying the system.  I really like the times it just makes you smile while you watch a movie.