Just Ordered My First Drone (DJI Phantom 4)!

Youthman

• Moderators

Over the past month, I've been watching just about every DJI Phantom video on Youtube.  Got the drone itch SUPER BAD!  Tonight, I got the green light from the wife to order one.  :D

A few weeks ago, I posted on Facebook that I had "Drone Fever" and one of my clients offered to let me fly his DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.  After flying it, he said I could take it home and play with it.  After one flight, I knew I was hooked.  I ended up borrowing it for a week and made these three videos.

Maybe I'll use this thread to share all of my Drone Videos in one place.

Anyone else have a drone?

• Moderators

Thanks yes I have considered adding it to my design services (Website Development, Graphic Design, Logo Design). I love photography and cinematography but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Will have to do some research to see what rates realtors are willing to pay to see if it would be worth the time involved.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks River.  That video it was getting really dark really quick.  Sun had already gone down so low light conditions were not ideal.  One thing I later found out is you can turn off the front red flashing lights to get better shots when you are low to the ground.  You will see the red hue in the video when it takes off and lands.

Twk, I saw that video.  Very close call indeed.  There's another guy that swam across some water as it was about to land in the water.  Pretty funny stuff.  There is a reason it gives you a battery warning at 30%.  LOL

• Moderators

Good deal Youthman, it's amazing the quality of the picture and steadiness of the new drones, have fun. I have seen Kevin fly his in winds I didn't it would do well in and it did perfectly fine.

• Moderators

Thanks Dtel. I'm really excited to use it for my trip to Alabama to see wakejunkie. Hoping to come up with some creative shots for the video I make from the journey

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

Get it legal before you fly and get you legal if you use it commercially. It logs its flights and will tell where it was and when.

Took a DJI 3 Pro to Belize in January and knocked out that USA 400 foot altitude limit to get some more expansive shots.

Here are a couple of videos we produced while there

Visit Banana Bank - Belize Resort - YouTube

Tony's Inn & Beach Resort - YouTube

Aliens over Mayan ruins

post-33164-0-45220000-1464822830_thumb.j

Edited by ratcobob