WTT: klipsch la scalas for cf-3,cf-4,klf-20,klf-30

ducks75

I hate to sell but the la scalas are just a little to big! i have a pair of factory black la scalas they had no horns or drivers when i bought them but i bought and put in all stock parts, all drivers are in perfect condition and sound greatn the cabinets are in good shape a few nicks here and there but good for there age. The paint could use some touching up but is respectable. Both tags are on the back and they are not consecutive serial numbers. I would really like to trade for cf-4s or cf-3s, maybe a pair of nice klf 20s or 30s or maybe even a pair of rf-7s or 63s/83s i am located in portland Oregon area but will drive for the right deal. I will try and post pictures a little later today or i can text or email you some if interested. Thanks

• Moderators

I've owned all of those except the KLF-20's and CF-3's.  All of them are great speakers.  Each sounding different, but great none-the-less.  John posted his KLF-30's in the Garage Sale but he's 15hrs away.

• Moderators
Yeah i have had the 30s and liked them but 15hrs is pretty far lol

Um....road trip.  LOL

How are the cf speakers compared to the klfs?

I'm not sure I can "describe" the differences I heard, especially since I owned them at different times and did not do a direct A/B comparison.  The KLF's have some SERIOUS slam to them.  The only thing I don't like about the CF series is the horn being lower than your ears.  They still sound great, but just not sure why you would build a speaker with the tweeter firing at your knees.

The only thing I don't like about the CF series is the horn being lower than your ears.  They still sound great, but just not sure why you would build a speaker with the tweeter firing at your knees.

I absolutely agree.

When standing up, they sound like any other speaker.

When seated, they come alive.

I wonder how they'd sound mounted sideways at ear level......