Need Advice Center Speaker

Airborne

I have a pair of Book Shelf RB61 II. I  just bought a R12SW. I want to buy a Center. Torn between the RC-62 II or the RP-250C. As a side note, I may upgrade later but I doubt it. If so the RB-61 II's would be my rear speakers. 

They are only $20.00 difference. Which would you buy? 

Thanks

Am I to understand you correctly,ditch the center speaker and go with a third RB 61 II for the center? 

If you can do it and place it on the same horizontal plane as the left-right RB-61II's.  At least get the horns lined up the best you can.

Bill

Thanks for the idea. I found a pair for $325.00 new. The RC 62II is $349 and the RP 250c is $369.  Would I gain better sound from the 3rd RB 61 in the middle? 

On another note, I just noticed your equipment list. Wow!! Ok so I am a Disabled Vet that has a limited income and I have been trying to piece this system together. While I have some interest in this thread, I am looking at ditching my Harmon Kardon AVR 630 for a new Denon or Yamaha Receiver. I was trying to stay around $500. Which would be better with the set up I am trying to put together?

I apologize for so many questions.

Edited by Airborne

Would I gain better sound from the 3rd RB 61 in the middle? 

For a seamless front soundstage for home theater, you can't do better than three identical speakers as LCR, especially if you can mount them on the same exact horizontal line.

I am looking at ditching my Harmon Kardon AVR 630 for a new Denon or Yamaha Receiver. I was trying to stay around $500.

If you are not going Atmos or DTSX or full 4K, which are the newest things, I would get a mid to upper tier AVR from any of those brands from a year or two ago.  You may be able to get near your $500.00 budget and have a "better" AVR.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa1040bl/yamaha-rx-a1040-7.2-ch-x-110-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr3313ci/denon-avr-3313ci-7.2-ch-x-125-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktxnr838/onkyo-tx-nr838-7.2-ch-x-130-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html#!specifications

Bill

Just got back from FRYS. Heard the RP-250C vs the R25C. Man what a difference. No comparison. Their recommendation was to buy a pair of RP-260's then the RP-250C with the RB61's as the rear speakers. The other option was 4- RB61 II's with the RP-250C.

What would sound more full remembering that I bought the Sub R12SW Sub.

Thanks

Your sub will be the weak link no matter what you do. The R-12SW is not a true "reference" sub. It's a big box special one. That being said, I can't imagine it would exactly have "trouble" keeping up.

I imagine a trio of RP-160C's would be absolutely incredible, with the RB-61's on the rear. It would also keep all of the drivers more or less the same making the soundfield seamless.