"Belle Driver Ohm Readings HELP"!

BBZink

Ok found the hatch, it was open before, but, measurement on woofer is 3.9Ohms, but...

I took a 1.5volt and test it and it appear to be inverted, woofer was moving backward, older JBL were like that but i don't think klipsch were like that? am i right?

Also take again a measurement at the end of wire and the i could have is a 5.0Ohms, and to see that is the connection problem i will need to remove the top of the Belle completely, to see the other end of the crossover wire.

it is a klisch woofer and it is ok, the numbers is k3?2 and bellow 67-5630 or 67-8630?

So i have pin point the problem, will seal the hatch the best i can, and will listen the result.

Thanks

the quest is not over....

I forgot, is it the correct number, what type of woofer, i should have in the Belle?

The correct woofer is the K-33. In a battery test, + to +, the driver should go out, so you are correct on polarity being backwards on that speaker. Glad you found the culprit on the resistance mismatch also. The connections are probably crusty. Ricktate gave proper instructions on that, which is to loosen and re-tighten all connections.

Is that ohm reading at the woofer directly? If not check all connections and wire going to woofer. If woofers match not sure what would cause bad reading unless the one with wrong reading is bad.

Reading at woofer is ok, than wire goes from woofer to one connection and than "spooky"  the others side wire goes from crossover and enter between to layer of plywood and like i wrote, i'll have to remove the top of the Belle to gain access, this is a huge job for little improvement.

If i have time this summer, i will, when i will varnish them and put some coating on. and maybe customize the color a bit.

I will for sure, remove the top, since i want to varnish them this summer, so then maybe better wire, but it has to stay a close enclosure, so will have to keep the nuts and bolt to get in and get out of the close enclosure.

• 2 months later...

ok top was removed yesterday, i was curious one wire was not correctly attach, i have corrected.

Also i have order new woofer from parts connection, was curious for the improvement.

Good way to improved my Belle, also discover that one of the klipsch driver has problem rending the upper sound, ok with the Bass, but sound more dull than the other one, anyway, i'll keep them in storage(the unused belle drivers) in case i want to sell back my Belle in 20years from now...

thanks for the help, how to get access to my Belle, those speaker are very very well build!

Great american stuff, well Made