WTB Cornwalls

nivroc

Hello all, new member here.  

I'm looking for a pair of Cornwalls that are in decent condition within a 150-200 mile radius of Birmingham, AL.  They don't have to be visually perfect - just structurally tight and sound like the ones my old college roommate had back in the day.  If there are any around, let me know.  

Thanks!

Mike

Try this https://gainesville.craigslist.org/eld/5661483215.html

I am not affiliated with this ad

• Like 1

I'm looking for a pair of Cornwalls that are in decent condition within a 150-200 mile radius of Birmingham, AL.  They don't have to be visually perfect - just structurally tight and sound like the ones my old college roommate had back in the day.  If there are any around, let me know.  

Thanks!

Mike

https://bham.craigslist.org/ele/5681026943.html

• Like 1

I have these for sale now.   Price is $2,500. Check out the post for details.  May be worth your drive or shipping is an option.

Location is Palm Harbor, Florida................Thanks.

post-60890-0-43740000-1468766615_thumb.j

post-60890-0-83220000-1468766651_thumb.j

post-60890-0-19020000-1468766672_thumb.j

post-60890-0-86020000-1468766692_thumb.j

Edited by RLink

Thanks!

Mike

Verticals, no less.

• Like 1

Nivrock, have you replaced the caps on your 78 Heresys?

That was the first thing I did when I bought them.  Boy, what a difference that made!  Before doing so, the left woofer was distorting and buzzing on one certain low frequency and wondered if I had a bad voice coil.  It disappeared after the recap.  I still love the sound of my Heresys on probably 90% of the music I play, but like most others, I long for that little extra umph on the remaining 10%.

Thanks to all who have posted suggestions and ads- you guys have been quite helpful!

Hi Ned, I mean Nivroc,

I've got a friend here in Little Rock that I've redone two sets of C's for and he has another set of CBR's (baltic birch ply) that someone stained.  Just put a new Crites 15" woofer in one.  Don't know if he's willing to sell them or not but I could mention it to him.  The grills need to be redone but the cabinets are in good shape.  I think Birmingham is about 6 hour drive from the Rock.  

• Like 1

Hi Ned, I mean Nivroc,

I've got a friend here in Little Rock that I've redone two sets of C's for and he has another set of CBR's (baltic birch ply) that someone stained.  Just put a new Crites 15" woofer in one.  Don't know if he's willing to sell them or not but I could mention it to him.  The grills need to be redone but the cabinets are in good shape.  I think Birmingham is about 6 hour drive from the Rock.  

If he's willing to part with a pair, I may be interested.  PM me.  Thanks!

I'll let you know if I'm willing to let go of my Cornwalls. I actually have three...two regular Cornwall 1's and 1 Vert. Mine have ALK vB crossovers, Crites CT125 tweeters, and custom smoked glass tops.  They are finished in Oiled Walnut - they are mighty fine speakers indeed. Grills are 100% and they also have the Jubilee Copper insignia (along with the ALK insignia as well). One other bonus, they each have the Heritage brochure tacked on to the back of the speakers as well. 

I'm not sure on getting rid of these, but if I do - I'll PM you unless you've already purchased some. I'm about 232 miles away from you in the Florida Panhandle about 25 miles south of Brewton AL. 

• Like 1

Found some yesterday for a great deal and just brought them home!  1983 CBR unfinished with cane grilles in VG condition.  Tweeters are confirmed dead by testing continuity, but no worries.  Going to recap first, then use the tweets from my Heresys for now.

I'm tickled pink right now.

I have a pair of tweeters left over from an upgrade to my Heresey's, excellent condition.Make a reasonable offer.

FYI, I have my heresey stacked on my cornwalls and the sound is incredible.I will never part with them

• Like 2

The Cornwalls are currently disabled/under construction, waiting on crossovers and tweets (thanks Hugot!), so I took your suggestions and stacked the Heresys on top.  Stephen was right on the money about the bass response.  Man, what a difference!  I oriented them in different directions - vertically & horizontally - and found the best for my room & listening position was laying them horizontally with woofers inside/tweeters out.

Once I get the room straightened up & the Cornwalls back in service, I'll post some pics.

• Like 1

Man everyone is wanting Cornwalls lately. I've thought of letting mine go lately since I never listen to them hardly. I'd have to talk to my wife about that one. She is pretty passionate about that pair

Funny so is mine.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk