Klipsch KSW 100

jvic320

I just purchased a used KSW 100 subwoofer and upon getting it home, I noticed that the paper cone has separated from the plastic cap that creates the opening in the sub.  I was able to put it back on, but I can now see some foam rubber protruding when I look into the hole.  Does anyone know the best way to fix this or to get access to a manual or video that will show me how to fix this? Thanks

It looks to me like you need to glue it back in and you should be OK. The cardboard looks like an extension of the plastic port. If that is the case, glue it where it was glued before, then glue the port in. Make sure to clean the plastic well with alcohol or windex first so it will stick better. You can even rough up the part of the plastic you are going to glue with some sand paper to allow a better mechanical bond. The hardware store can tell you which glue you should use. There are too many choices to even bring up. You do NOT want super glue, however.

Sounds about right.

Your first priority is no air leaks.

Looks as though Klipsch used hot glue type adhesive from the factory, personally i cannot stand that stuff unless i was gluing glitter on Christmas ornaments or something similar.

If it were mine it would get Epoxied and then clear silicone for a secure seal but options are endless.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses. I have just pushed it back in for now and will get some glue later today.  I plugged it in this morning and like all the Klipsch products I own, the sound is amazing.  Just the right amount of base for my Boston Acoustic bookshelf speakers

• Like 1