Pony Express Central (Shipping Discussion)

The Dude

On 7/28/2018 at 5:11 PM, Emile said:

Awesome ... just found this thread and needed to comment ... really, really nice of all these people offering their "transport" help :D 

Can anyone pick these up for me and drop it of in the Tampa Bay, FL area?

Klipsch-speaker-wall.png

OK; sorry ... just joking ... could not resist :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK folks

I'll be headed  from Tucson to Michiana in one week.  I have room for a pair of LaScalas.  Plywood, not mdf. It is that close.The extra inch won't fit. Don't have much time for side tripping. If you are along the way ... I-10 to LasCruces. Cut the "corner" to Amarillo... I-40/44 to Indy... then north. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2018 at 5:22 AM, WillyBob said:

OK folks

I'll be headed  from Tucson to Michiana in one week.  I have room for a pair of LaScalas.  Plywood, not mdf. It is that close.The extra inch won't fit. Don't have much time for side tripping. If you are along the way ... I-10 to LasCruces. Cut the "corner" to Amarillo... I-40/44 to Indy... then north. 

Leave a couple hours early and swing by the PWK Museum at NMSU in Las Cruces.. :emotion-22:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone in the Fort Worth TX area that would be willing to purchase this Oppo DVD player, pick it up, and ship to me? I will pay you back plus shipping via Paypal, money order, however you prefer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DVD-PLAYER/253907392339?hash=item3b1e0f5753:g:ftUAAOSwdrlbAYfw

This would make a great CD player for my son's room.

• 4 weeks later...
If anyone is traveling east / southeast through Iowa towards KY, IN, OH or.... I have something that I need transported. 
[emoji846]
Thanks in advance

As stated over there, I can get them from IA City to Peoria in November if someone meets me.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody up near Scranton PA?  There is a guy who absolutely refuses to drive the distance between his house and a FedEx location so I could have the speakers shipped.  Now, OK, I can see if they are Belles or Klipschorns, but these are a pair of Heresy speakers.  I think commerce in the U.S. would stop if items this size and larger couldn't be safely shipped.

Might anybody be able to get them from Scranton to Washington D.C. area?

OR might anybody be able to get them from Scranton to Central Florida?

Of course, any help greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 2:58 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Planning to drive from Lexington KY to Lake of the Ozarks area and back at the end of this month. I will be in a car, but will have some extra space. 

I can get them from the history kid in Peoria and bring them to you. It would have to be during the spring sale at Keeneland. And hopefully you will have a pair of 362s waiting for me. I think that's the plan, I'll give the 75s a good break in so you wont have to worry about that

Mark

• 1 month later...

Huge thank you to Jerry (TFR1) for transporting me Larry's) Scallywagger's Gen 1 Heresys. All the way up from Atlanta to Ann Arbor Michigan for me. I regret we didn't have nice weather to chat in, snowstorm on the way here...Jerry, it was a pleasure meeting you and I appreciate greatly you delivering the speakers safely to me. At this point I have not even taken them out of their packing in their original boxes but I look forward to spending some time over the weekend with them. Let it snow outside, I'll be inside enjoying the music!

Once again, the amazing people in this forum make me feel very happy to have met all of you, if even only in the virtual world!

Tim

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teaman said:

Huge thank you to Jerry (TFR1) for transporting me Larry's) Scallywagger's Gen 1 Heresys. All the way up from Atlanta to Ann Arbor Michigan for me. I regret we didn't have nice weather to chat in, snowstorm on the way here...Jerry, it was a pleasure meeting you and I appreciate greatly you delivering the speakers safely to me. At this point I have not even taken them out of their packing in their original boxes but I look forward to spending some time over the weekend with them. Let it snow outside, I'll be inside enjoying the music!

Once again, the amazing people in this forum make me feel very happy to have met all of you, if even only in the virtual world!

Tim

on his return trip the speakers he will be picking up at my house are quite a bit larger ( 81 K-horns ) to deliver them to Larry in Tenn.

• Like 1