Pony Express Central (Shipping Discussion)

The Dude

Just now, Budman said:

on his return trip the speakers he will be picking up at my house are quite a bit larger ( 81 K-horns ) to deliver them to Larry in Tenn.

We talked briefly about the rest of his trip and his return with the Khorns. He is quite a generous man.  Great that Larry was interested in your K's too. Always nice to see your loved ones go to good homes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone here ever shipped a set of K-horns?

I posted my Speakerlab  Klipschorn clones for sale on craigslist and got a call from a guy in Ohio who wants them really bad but I'm out on the West coast in Washington state.

Is it crazy to even think of shipping these beasts out there?

I tied UPS and FedEx shipping calculators but didn't have much luck trying to get a price.

I can palletize them but I don't have a forklift to put them in my pickup so I guess I'd need to have a carrier with a liftgate and pallet jack pick them up.

I was a little surprised to get a call from someone that far away but after a chat I'm sure he is genuine and not a scammer.

I'm thinking shipping costs may well be a deal breaker but if someone has found a way and done it before I'm all ears.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:39 PM, y2keglide said:

I posted my Speakerlab  Klipschorn clones for sale on craigslist and got a call from a guy in Ohio who wants them really bad but I'm out on the West coast in Washington state.

I tied UPS and FedEx shipping calculators but didn't have much luck trying to get a price.

I can palletize them but I don't have a forklift to put them in my pickup so I guess I'd need to have a carrier with a liftgate and pallet jack pick them up.

I was a little surprised to get a call from someone that far away but after a chat I'm sure he is genuine and not a scammer.

I'm thinking shipping costs may well be a deal breaker but if someone has found a way and done it before I'm all ears.

You might try Old Dominion trucking.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2019 at 3:39 PM, y2keglide said:

I've had alot of big stuff shipped to me all the way up to Maine so there are people out there who will do whatever it takes to get what they want. I've had 8 MWM bass bins, complete KP600 system, 2 tuba tht subs, 402 horns, 4 pairs of Cornscala's, Jubilee's. .. all shipped to me.

I used Uship for alot of it and only had one bad experience shipping the KP600's, the dude thought he could load them on a box truck "dock high" by himself. 

Mike.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, y2keglide said:

I've boxed and shipped a pair. You need to be able to build a wood crate to put them in and set it on a pallet.  Really, the only decent way you can make this happen for a reasonable cost is if you have a friend that works at a place with a doc and they can load and ship them with a forklift.  The eliminates the high cost of having a lift gate truck with a pickup at a private residence.  A local sale is much easier...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, emmvette said:

I've boxed and shipped a pair. You need to be able to build a wood crate to put them in and set it on a pallet.  Really, the only decent way you can make this happen for a reasonable cost is if you have a friend that works at a place with a doc and they can load and ship them with a forklift.  The eliminates the high cost of having a lift gate truck with a pickup at a private residence.  A local sale is much easier...

Thanks,I pretty much came to that conclusion myself so it's not likely going to happen. I just don't have time for it and I live out in the sticks 30 miles from the city.

Too bad ,had a guy that really wanted my Speakerlab Super K's but he's in Ohio and I'm in Washington (state).

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2018 at 9:53 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

I need some help getting a pair of 362s from Tampa to Chicago. A couple of the legs look to be covered. Pickup and holding them seems to be the tough part.

Going north on 95 could also work, more people going east west then north south right now.

Thank you,

Mark

Any chance anyone is headed this way?

Thank you,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Unless something changes, I will be dragging a 19' flatbed trailer from Lexington Ky to  Northampton, MA and back, soon. 

Not sure what rout I will be coming back. Have someone to see in Altoona PA, so I might be going that way.

trip.png.129273ac373759986e8337fff32ebbff.png

t2.png.70a33936278fd21075e2b2f237d4dda7.png

If anyone knows of someone who can haul a ~4,100 lb CNC mill from MA to KY, it is worth money to me. 😎

It is not on a pallet and would have to be secured and tarped, so a common carrier will not touch it. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 6:43 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Unless something changes, I will be dragging a 19' flatbed trailer from Lexington Ky to  Northampton, MA and back, soon. 

Not sure what rout I will be coming back. Have someone to see in Altoona PA, so I might be going that way.

trip.png.129273ac373759986e8337fff32ebbff.png

t2.png.70a33936278fd21075e2b2f237d4dda7.png

If anyone knows of someone who can haul a ~4,100 lb CNC mill from MA to KY, it is worth money to me. 😎

It is not on a pallet and would have to be secured and tarped, so a common carrier will not touch it. 

Hey, just a reminder, I'm in Mass if you want to stop by when you're up here.

• 2 months later...

Just throwing it out there....anybody coming to Michigan that would care to carry along a pair of KLF-20 with them from Rockford Illinois?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gorgeous-Pair-of-Klipsch-KLF-20-Speakers-in-Black-Satin-LOCAL-PICKUP-in-ILLINOIS/163834003147?hash=item2625447ecb:g:BQwAAOSwoDRdWzrS

I'm watching an auction on a pair now but have no time to venture into a twelve hour round trip from Howell, Michigan. Thanks

Tim

On 8/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, teaman said:

Just throwing it out there....anybody coming to Michigan that would care to carry along a pair of KLF-20 with them from Rockford Illinois?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gorgeous-Pair-of-Klipsch-KLF-20-Speakers-in-Black-Satin-LOCAL-PICKUP-in-ILLINOIS/163834003147?hash=item2625447ecb:g:BQwAAOSwoDRdWzrS

I'm watching an auction on a pair now but have no time to venture into a twelve hour round trip from Howell, Michigan. Thanks

Tim

I just saw this, if they become available let me know, I can pick them up and get them around the bend.

Mark