Pony Express Central (Shipping Discussion)

The Dude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am debating making an offer on these KLF-30's in Perrysburg, Ohio. I have been working thirteen days on, and one off on midnights and I have no shot of making the trip. Anybody coming up to the Howell, Michigan area that could transport...nothing set in stone, just want to put out a feeler for possibilities.

https://toledo.craigslist.org/ele/d/perrysburg-klipsch-klf-30/6994190272.html

Another pair on my radar are these Cornwall, that are still sitting in Maumee, Ohio

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/maumee-klipsch-cornwall-speakers/6996337862.html

Thank you, Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Road trip Saturday, 02-November, from the west side of Houston to Lafayette, LA; east-bound in the morning and west-bound in the afternoon. 1/2 ton pickup and sunny skies, so I can carry whatever you have.

Would be a great chance to pick up the Baldwin amp I have for sale down below; delivered to your door and tested on your speakers.

https://houston.craigslist.org/ele/d/fulshear-will-vincent-baldwin-tube-amp/6984273564.html

Rick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You def need to check around when shipping, and wait for additional offers. When I was trying to get 2 K402 horns shipped from California to Laredo Texas the first offer was $2k, and he was going to pick them up and deliver them in a car! this was for 2 bare horns...no drivers or stands. I waited a few days, and got an offer of $350. I checked references, and they were pretty good. The guy picked them up the next morning, and they arrived in Laredo the next day...in perfect condition.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of 362s at Youthman's house in Plant City. If someone can get them to another member's home in Atlanta or somewhere in between I will be in Augusta April 6-9. I'm headed to the Klipsch party in Hope the weekend of April 3-5 and then on to Augusta immediately after. I have my pickup with 8 foot bed and cap so I will have room to carry some gear south. I should also have some room coming back to Chicago around the April 10th through Lexington and then north to Chicago. IF anyone needs some help

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is kinda last minute, but I’ll be heading from Shreveport, LA in the am headed to Little Rock, AR and back tonight/tomorrow. I’ll have plenty of room on the trip up for just about anything. On the way back I can carry smaller stuff like amps pre-amps bookshelf speakers- maybe up to the size of a pair of heresy. Picking up klf20’s and C7 from some nice little rockians!  Theatre is getting closer and closer to finis! I’ll check my pm’s throughout the night tonight b4 I leave. 

-Rooster

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2016 at 2:27 PM, The Dude said:

Do to size, shipping via ups will run about $220.00

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

by experience -FEDEX GROUND terminal to terminal is much less expensive ---------They dump it at the terminal closest to their location and you pickup at the same on your end

• 4 months later...

What WE NEED is a "Shipping Experience" summary page.  10 pages in this thread but no reports of the results of shipping stuff.  would be helpful to have a page where people report on their shipping experience good or bad.  Who did you use?  Did the item make it in one piece or did it look like it got kicked around like a soccer ball or ran over with a forklift?  who delivered a speaker that was dropped off the truck to the street because they didn't have  a lift gate?  best price.  ideas for best packing options.  narrow it down to a few best case examples to give people a starting point.  Also, if one or two carriers start getting more business because of referrals here, they might be inclined to offer a member discount or at the very least, take care of your stuff because he wants a good review!

for example: had to go to the Mother Ship to get the dimensions and weight of a Heresy.  I get that HOW you package it will affect the size but on average, we could list what we did and then tell how it worked out.  the size of the actual speaker given by Klipsch is NOT the size of the box you ship it in.  BUT, with all the Heresy's being sold and shipped here, it seems to me a collective like this could come up with a single page/thread with "this item/weighing this much/from here to here/cost me this much".  

Cory at Paducha Home Theater posts pics of his preferred carrier delivering huge speakers right to your door. Lift gate and pallet jack.  know why?  Because getting them delivered UNDAMAGED is the biggest challenge.

So far I've managed to find a good referral for Uship and one for FedEx Ground Terminal-to-Terminal.  I saw a couple of posts relating good experience with a Uship shipper but no mention as to which one it was!  Come on people.  Help a guy/gal out.  Some of you guys buy and sell speakers all the time.  Please share your shipping experience.  Give us some advice.  Do's and Don'ts etc.

And...if this is already here in this forum, I can't find it.  I used the search tool with different key words and all I got was this thread.

Maybe a pin new thread about How to ship and who to use.

You know.... Instead of making someone read thru the entire forum to find out how best to do something that's already been done 100's of times.  

just an idea...

I need to move a pair of MCM 1900's from Salt Lake City to central Florida.

The bass bins are 68.5 wide x 45 deep x 33 tall each, this comes with 4 bass bins at about 250 each. so about 1000 lbs just for the bass bins.
the msn and mssn speakers are 37 wide 36.5 deep 15 tall each. 4 speakers at about 75 lbs each...300lbs. top tweeter is 15 tall 7.5 deep x7.5 wide
maybe 5 lbs. crossover is 19 wide 12 deep 5.5 tall

I talked to Dominion trucking , they said they would not take them stretched wrapped to a pallet.
I have two 6ft pallets that would work for the bass bins but i don't think the trucking company would take them stacked loose.

Any advice is appreciated.

• Like 1