Pony Express Central (Shipping Discussion)

The Dude

45 minutes ago, KwintSommer said:

I need to move a pair of MCM 1900's from Salt Lake City to central Florida.

The bass bins are 68.5 wide x 45 deep x 33 tall each, this comes with 4 bass bins at about 250 each. so about 1000 lbs just for the bass bins.
the msn and mssn speakers are 37 wide 36.5 deep 15 tall each. 4 speakers at about 75 lbs each...300lbs. top tweeter is 15 tall 7.5 deep x7.5 wide
maybe 5 lbs. crossover is 19 wide 12 deep 5.5 tall

I talked to Dominion trucking , they said they would not take them stretched wrapped to a pallet.
I have two 6ft pallets that would work for the bass bins but i don't think the trucking company would take them stacked loose.

Any advice is appreciated.

Bump

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KwintSommer said:

I need to move a pair of MCM 1900's from Salt Lake City to central Florida.

The bass bins are 68.5 wide x 45 deep x 33 tall each, this comes with 4 bass bins at about 250 each. so about 1000 lbs just for the bass bins.
the msn and mssn speakers are 37 wide 36.5 deep 15 tall each. 4 speakers at about 75 lbs each...300lbs. top tweeter is 15 tall 7.5 deep x7.5 wide
maybe 5 lbs. crossover is 19 wide 12 deep 5.5 tall

I talked to Dominion trucking , they said they would not take them stretched wrapped to a pallet.
I have two 6ft pallets that would work for the bass bins but i don't think the trucking company would take them stacked loose.

Any advice is appreciated.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So let me get this straight. Y'all are getting all kinds of "still working great" used/Old Klipsch stuff that can be used as PA speakers for all sizes of Weddings, up to the MCM 1900 for PENNIES on the Dollar and are being total cheapa$$es about shipping them?

Is my conclusion or premise incorrect?

21 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

So let me get this straight. Y'all are getting all kinds of "still working great" used/Old Klipsch stuff that can be used as PA speakers for all sizes of Weddings, up to the MCM 1900 for PENNIES on the Dollar and are being total cheapa$$es about shipping them?

Is my conclusion or premise incorrect?

In my case that is incorrect. I am currently getting freight shipping quotes and figured I'd throw it out here as well just to see if anyone was heading in this direction already. The seller doesn't want to deal with shipping so I will likely have to find a service that will pack it as well. I am not accustomed to blind shipping these kind of large items, so this just seemed like much less of a headache than going through that process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archdukeobvious said:

The seller doesn't want to deal with shipping

I would  pay the seller  a 100$ fee for packing and driving the boxes to the terminal    , terminal to terminal shipping fees are lower than pickups at a  given location  with FedEx Ground ,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Sometimes the seller won’t take the risk, even if you offer the money.  With that said, is anybody able to do a Tampa to DC run with some KSM floor monitors?  They’re approximately Heresy sized industrials.

Pickup and ship works, too!

Please PM me if you can make a pickup in Tampa and ship or deliver to DC.

Thanks,

James

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...