Pony Express Central (Shipping Discussion)

The Dude

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Budman said:

can you come up with a price of how much it would cost for packing and shipping and then setup a paypal account for members to donate. i'm in

That's an incredibly generous offer there @Budman. Yes, we could do that, set up a "Ship the 'King Horn" fund with a link to a special donate button on the Klipschmuseum.org website. 

We are getting an estimate this Thursday at the Board meeting and I will mention this idea you have made and see if I can get some photos and some particulars. They are donating the item to the Museum, they just cannot pay to ship it out to us. 

More details to follow. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just putting it out there-

Fastenal just shipped my Chorus 2's from central FL to Bklyn, NY. It took 9 days. My friend busted his butt getting them there on a pallet. Each speaker fit almost exactly in a U-haul "space saver" garment box with 1" of pink panther foam board on all sides. Fastenal were great to deal with on both ends and very patient with us noob shippers.

PS, I got them for a good price in 2019 and they're like hen's teeth up here so it was worth it for me. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, amped said:

Just putting it out there-

Fastenal just shipped my Chorus 2's from central FL to Bklyn, NY. It took 9 days. My friend busted his butt getting them there on a pallet. Each speaker fit almost exactly in a U-haul "space saver" garment box with 1" of pink panther foam board on all sides. Fastenal were great to deal with on both ends and very patient us with noob shippers.

PS, I got them for a good price in 2019 and they're like hen's teeth up here so it was worth it for me. YMMV

New one on me. Guess they are located online of course. Maybe an option for some.

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, billybob said:

New one on me. Guess they are located online of course. Maybe an option for some.

Congrats!

Thanks!

Here's the link:  https://www.fastenal.com/fast/blue-lane-freight

Basically- you drop off at one of their branches after making arrangements, it's shipped on their trucks and picked up at the branch on other end. I guess they're filling space on the truck. 

I put up some pix on the "what I got today" thread

Edited by amped
more words
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 10:22 PM, amped said:

Thanks!

Here's the link:  https://www.fastenal.com/fast/blue-lane-freight

Basically- you drop off at one of their branches after making arrangements, it's shipped on their trucks and picked up at the branch on other end. I guess they're filling space on the truck. 

I put up some pix on the "what I got today" thread

That's exactly it

The truck is headed there Fill it

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...