KP-201 for home use

Hi, everyone!

I've spotted a pair of KP-201s for sale locally. From what I can tell, they look like a pair of Heresies that have been outfitted for 'professional' application. Are there any differences under the hood? It looks like they can take a balanced connection and have a fuse. This particular pair even has a wood cabinet, not the more industrial-looking one on the Klipsch site. As long as they'll sound the same, I might try to grab them!

Thanks for finding that, Bill! These particular examples look rather domesticated as well, they have wood veneer cabinets (interesting since the spec sheet didn't have that as an option) and no handles, so it really will be like having a pair of Heresy IIs. I've contacted the seller and I'll be back with pictures if I end up getting them!

• Like 1

An average pair of regular Heresy's would be in the neighborhood of about $400.  I think the industrial versions might bring more, not sure.

Either way, $200 is a solid investment.  How can you get better sound for $100 per speaker?

That's what I tell myself whenever I think of getting new electronics. There are better amps than my old Adcom, but the Adcom cost me $100!

I don't -need- the KP-201s since I have my phenomenal RP-280Fs, but one doesn't find a pair from the coveted Heritage series (in professional guise, but evidently the same to listen to) at $200 and not try it out, especially with some equity to be had. Excluding the Heresies at Chipotle, I've never listened to heritage speakers before. My listening space is almost certainly a bit small for them, but that's less permanent than the speakers themselves.

Edited by chriswhotakesphotos

Actually, here's a question. Will any pair of Heresy risers do?

I have a big subwoofer, so I'm not concerned with bass response from the KP's. As a result I have them up on Ikea Lack end tables so they're right at ear level. If you're looking for "on the floor" use, yes the standard risers should work fine.

I have a big subwoofer, so I'm not concerned with bass response from the KP's. As a result I have them up on Ikea Lack end tables so they're right at ear level. If you're looking for "on the floor" use, yes the standard risers should work fine.

Whoa, $10 a table! At that price I might as well get a pair.

• Like 1

Whoa, $10 a table! At that price I might as well get a pair.

splurge for a set of their cork placemats and use those as a little buffer between the table and the speaker. ;)

To provide a timeline of events: The listing went up yesterday morning. I contacted him when the listing was only a few hours old and made the arrangement, then went over early this morning to pick them up. The seller told me he'd been receiving calls all day over them; one guy was from Texas visiting the area and wanted to take them back with him! It'd seem if I'd found the sale listing even an hour later I might had missed out.

Turns out he did Klipsch installations a while back and the way he described it, it sounded like he'd bought these from the dealer he worked for and they were only used for home listening. They're in great shape, a few negligible nicks here and there but I love the finish! They look a lot like any home speaker would, so it really is like a pair of H2s with the cool professional grille and tweeter protection. (I also don't -ever- have to worry about something damaging the big drivers)

It's going to take some redecorating to get them where the RP-280Fs are set up, so I won't be able to have everything put together until probably later in the afternoon or tonight. As of right now, I tested them out and know that everything works. Super excited I found them!

• Like 3