Klipsch Cornwall

Steve G

This is a little off the subject, but I was wondering about which speaker would give better base response.  I have Forte II's, with the 15" passive radiator in back, and am considering a pair of Cornwalls instead.  The Cornwall is ported in the front, so I can place it closer to the wall (which I need to do).  Will the Cornwalls have better low end than the Forte's?  And how much better a speaker is the Cornwall than the Forte?  

I have had 2 pairs of Forte II's and I currently have a pair of Cornwall II's.. No comparison at all. The cornwall is better in every way.. CWII has much better bass response, a nicer midrange, and better top end, and a much more balanced sound. I sold both pairs of Forte II's with no regret to this day, but I don't think I will ever sell my CWII's. 

• Like 1

I have a pair of 1985 Cornwall II's.. the kind without the removable backs.. mine also have the woofer and horns mounted in front of the motorboard, and have a K-57 midrange driver and K-79 tweeter driver instead of the k-55/k-77 combo.. They are the nicest sounding speakers I have owned.. I cannot see myself ever getting rid of them, they sound that nice, and I have been around the block with Klipsch speakers. If you are thinking about getting them, I would highly recommend them.. They have everything you need a speaker system: Deep strong bass, a midrange that few can compare with, highs that sparkle just the right amount, a very well balanced crossover and very good efficiency. What more can you ask for?

This is what I've been calling a 1.5 model. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the forte 2 goes lower but the overall sound and quality out of the Cornwalls is much better

My CW tweets and new crossover just arrived!!!  Install tonight, can't wait.

As for the bottom end, I agree and I can speak to this as a little, I just A/B'd forte IIs and Cornwall Is.  On paper, the forte IIs hit a lower bottom, to my ear, the Cornwalls have better, fuller, bottom range and detail.  The difference isn't subtle either, it is pronounced.  I never thought my forte IIs were missing anything (in a substantial way) down low until hearing the CWs.  The difference in design, driver and size is obvious at matching power levels in regards to the bass.  Not only did I A/B them, I ran them paired right/left.  Now that my new crossovers and C120s have arrived, I'm interested in hearing the differences between the mids and highs.  The highs and mids of the fortes have always impressed me (even without Crites titanium tweeter domes.)

So pumped for that session tonight.

• 4 years later...

Hi, my dad gave me some Klipsch Cornwall standing speakers and I'm wondering what I've got here. Looking for any info. They are still very good audio quality, just very beat up from multiple moves (both from me and my dad). Serial number on back is C-M7-15, serial 200. Any info on exactly what they are/what they might be worth to the right person would be appreciated!

On 2/14/2021 at 1:04 AM, Dyedvob@gmail.com said:

Hi, my dad gave me some Klipsch Cornwall standing speakers and I'm wondering what I've got here. Looking for any info. They are still very good audio quality, just very beat up from multiple moves (both from me and my dad). Serial number on back is C-M7-15, serial 200. Any info on exactly what they are/what they might be worth to the right person would be appreciated!

keep them! one day you regret if you sell them

On 2/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, Dyedvob@gmail.com said:

we would need a picture of the tag or serial number , but based on what you stated --------these could be 1974  if the letter M  is part of the serial number -

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

we would need a picture of the tag or serial number , but based on what you stated --------these could be 1974  if the letter M  is part of the serial number -

And if you are still around @Dyedvob@gmail.com may as well give us some photos of Speakers themselves as condition comes into price and location for someone here.

Thanks!