New Belle owner

Rxonmymind

Greetings everyone,

Good to be here & hope all of you are doing well.

Just picked up a pair of Belle speakers. Decided to pair it with one my monster receiver a Realistic 2100D which turned out to be a very, very nice pairing. Seems to be pushing these Belle's with ease and the sound is so smooth with good detail. Not a lot but pretty good. Bass is adequate while the horns on this speaker is just killing me softly. So damn smooth. Better than my Mach ones.

I listen to a lot of jazz so I knew when these came up for sale I'd have to give it a try. Still getting used to horns but these are definitely changing my perception of them. Pics soon.

Thank for the read.

• Like 7

Have fun with your Belles!!  I'd recommend experimenting with different amps, receivers, tube and SS....whatever you have time for, and money for, and friends for......I think you'll find that the Belles are quite "receptive" to various configurations, and can present a different "character" with each.  Just my impressions of course...

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.Pic indeed. Here you go.

I must confess that I've never been fond of modern Klipsch speakers as I auditioned them against many others. They were a tad to bright and forward sounding.What made me go out on a limb and try these without hearing them I don't know. They were sort of calling out to me. More so from something inside of me that said "BUY THESE!". Much like the Wharfedales Denton's I bought. I'm two for two.

Edited by Rxonmymind
  • Like 4

A funny addendum. In the course of my purchase of these fine speakers I excitedly loaded them as fast as a tortoise. It was a one man show. Do you know how HEAVY these speakers are to move by yourself? Had to rent a uhaul with the dolly made to move fridges. No help whatsoever. Took THREE hours that would have taken one with help. Yeah, I'm either a weakling or overly cautious. I did take the back roads avoiding freeways thus having an excuse to travel 25mph. Lol.

Anyway as I was getting ready to connect these speakers up I noticed two screws that attatch the speaker wire missing on one of them! Panick sets in. Here is something that made it 30+ years and in my care I lost two screws. Oh, man I crawled all over the floor, garage called the rental place to have them look inside the van.

I went back to the sale and there they greeted me again asking what's wrong. I told them the truth.

"I'm missing a few screws". The ladies laughed. Then I told them what I was looking for. By the luck of the God that looks over people looking for their loose screws I found it against the floor boards. Phew! I had a lucky day.

• Like 2

Now you need to spend a few days looking for upgrades on here. Such as new caps. checking all connections the metal horn can be damped a bit with several things loosen and retighten all screws on the crossover check that all wires are hooked up correctly.. From your pics can you get them any further apart ? What year are they find the serial number that will help figure out the year made.

A funny addendum. In the course of my purchase of these fine speakers I excitedly loaded them as fast as a tortoise. It was a one man show. Do you know how HEAVY these speakers are to move by yourself? Had to rent a uhaul with the dolly made to move fridges. No help whatsoever. Took THREE hours that would have taken one with help. Yeah, I'm either a weakling or overly cautious. I did take the back roads avoiding freeways thus having an excuse to travel 25mph. Lol.

Anyway as I was getting ready to connect these speakers up I noticed two screws that attatch the speaker wire missing on one of them! Panick sets in. Here is something that made it 30+ years and in my care I lost two screws. Oh, man I crawled all over the floor, garage called the rental place to have them look inside the van.

I went back to the sale and there they greeted me again asking what's wrong. I told them the truth.

"I'm missing a few screws". The ladies laughed. Then I told them what I was looking for. By the luck of the God that looks over people looking for their loose screws I found it against the floor boards. Phew! I had a lucky day.

I think Belles are some of the best looking speakers out there.

I don't blame you for taking your time and getting them home safely.

Well done.

• Like 1

congrats, they look to be in awesome shape. some info for you if you don't already know

your belles have the laser logo's which were only used on 1976-77 and 78

on the rear label you will have the letter P-R or S in the serial number and the serial number is stamped into the wood on the rear if the labels are missing

Edited by Budman

Lol I can relate. When i bought my LaScalas I went to the guys house and his 90lb asian wife answered the door. The first thing I thought was, "Oh man, your husband better be home or I am NEVER getting these up the stairs and into my car..."  Congrats on the speakers! The belles are a rare find and those are in amazing condition as well. You were wise to be so cautious with those, an extra hour or two of work is easily worth years of regret staring at a ding or dent that you know you put there yourself being careless.

• Like 2

Anybody can make heads or tails of the date code for these speakers? Much appreciated. I looked at the thread mentioning abbreviations,BK(Belle Klipsch) and so forth. Now by default I can go by the K-55 horns to mean 79? Confused.

Thanks