My Thought About My New 4.1's

asudhir

All I have to say to Klipsch:

TWO THUMBS UP!!!s>

I am now listening to my new 4.1's and they kick ***, I mean arse! Mid-Range can be easily adjusted in Winamp and besides, these speaks are awesome. And the sub just thumps away. It's well worth every penny. I still have not had the chance to see if the sub's limiter has a big effect at high volumes because right now it's night...as much as I'd love to stir my street. Well, go buy them if you have the money, and if you don't, steal some, then buy 'em!!

*zen

------------------

"A child of five could understand this...fetch me a child of five!" -Uh, someone

Just got my 4.1's as well. Since I have the old promedias as well, I can do all the comparisons possible (old preamp old cross, new pre old cross, old pre new cross and new pre new cross) however I am only going to do the new pre old cross unless someone else replys and INSISTS they want my opinion on the old pre to new cross smile.gif. Also, I had one heck of a time getting the CP1 off of the main sat...but no prob gettin that screw out. Hope I don't get the sats mixed up before I sell my old set (I don't have THAT much money...hehe) right now I'm not putting on the rubber feet so I can tell them apart wink.gif

-Gxcad

Haven't listened to them yet...I'll have them setup in about an hour...just hope we don't get a blackout again...

c>
  • Like 1

Ok first off, I got them from soundcity.com and they were $294ish including all fees. I've tried the CP1 with the old sats before I went full out and setup the 4.1. The CP1 seemed to enhance the gain (louder) and bass was louder and tighter (less boomy). The sound also MIGHT have sounded a little clearer, but it was so hard to tell that it probably was my ears playing tricks on me. Ok now new satellites, Boom! Yes there is noticibly more midrange! I think there is also less excessive sound...if you know what I mean. I'd hardley call it an improvement straight up, I'd say most people would say its an improvement but its very debateable and I bet there'd be a lot of people who prefered the old crossover. The sats don't have improved sound quality, they merely have a slightly different type of sound, so its a matter of taste weither its an upgrade or not, IMO.

Theres my short report! -Gxcad

c>
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention I noticed something very interesting. When I had the CP1 hooked up to the sats with the old xover there was hiss when in idle (like the original high gain preamp) but when I used the new sats there was no hiss! Maybe the new sats have a lower volume compared to the old sats cuz I also noticed that they *might* have sounded quieter than the old ones at the same position on the preamp. Of course, it can also mean that the new sats simply reproduce less white noise, which is probably a good thing wink.gif

-Gxcad

c>
  • Like 1