BackBum Buster Sub

derrickdj1

Just having some fun. :)   I finally updated the firmware for Omnimic and was running some sweeps.  I can't use the above sweep, it is way to high for movies.  I like the subs to hit 105 db at reference level , 0, on the avr.  This way when the LFE 10 db is added the final level will be 115 db and the max sub level with redirected bass can hit 121 db.

I have 4 or 5 presets in the I Nukes that I can use for movies or music. I prefer the HS 12, high shelf 12,  setting for movies and the Flat EQ for music.  All the graphs are slightly different in max spl and extension down to 10 Hz.  One day, I will play around with separating the subs into two groups, a back and front group to try out the dual sub EQ on the avr.  It should work like REW overlay of multiple sub curves.  Need to tackle the Atmos setup this week.

post-50685-0-38860000-1469403138_thumb.p

post-50685-0-08700000-1469403151_thumb.p

post-50685-0-61820000-1469403170_thumb.p

Edited by derrickdj1

• 3 months later...

Well, I did not think this was possible after all this time.  I was running some demo and trip the breakers.  All of them, four seperate  20 amp dedicated breakers.  Two subs per 20 amp breaker.  I did not even have the bass shakers on.  Maybe they are turned up to high, lol.:blink::ph34r:  The avr/power amp, tube amp, BD, TV and HTPC are on 3 seperate dedicated 15 amp circuits.  I need to work on my carbon foot print.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Well, I did not think this was possible after all this time.  I was running some demo and trip the breakers.  All of them, four seperate  20 amp dedicated breakers.  Two subs per 20 amp breaker.  I did not even have the bass shakers on.  Maybe they are turned up to high, lol.:blink::ph34r:  The avr/power amp, tube amp, BD, TV and HTPC are on 3 seperate dedicated 15 amp circuits.  I need to work on my carbon foot print.

OH MY.......:o

MKP :-)

• Like 1

Do you have AFCI's?  Those suck.  Any kind of spike out of the blue or even 1 amp above their rated maximum, and _click_.  High powered amps can also apparently have some kind of ground leakage that I can't explain and AFCI's really don't like to see that.  _click_ if it does.  I ended up having to swap mine out, any kind of sweep or big spike in a movie with my speakerpower amp would trip it.  

I don't see how you could have tripped all four otherwise.  For theorically short periods of time which is actually much longer than what you'd probably think, you can actually pull over 100 amps from a 20 amp circuit.  I don't think that those iNukes have the sustained output that it would take to trip four normal ones.