Joined the Klipsch club today

kentcroy

Hi Dr Morbius, I have them hooked up to a Bryston 4B, using my Onkyo AVR as a pre amp, I have two Adcom GFA 555IIs on hand, I had originally thought I would run them both bridged, that might be overkill. derriskdj1, they are tiny solo cup party lights left over from a party. Kent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all, so, I couldn't find my inspection mirror, was out, was going by the hardware store, picked up a new one, got home, looked inside, guess what I found, clear insulated wire, so they appear to be series TWO! I couldn't be happier. Still trying to get them dialed in, but I'm getting close. I may be having issues with the placement, but I don't much choice. They have a much different sound than what I had, in a very good way. I'll keep you posted as to my progress, Kent

• Like 1

Hi jweber, I got the avr cheap on cl, it doesn't suck too bad, but I have been thinking of going with a tube pre amp, or one of the good Mac pre's. But I'm open for suggestions. I don't have very deep pockets, so I pretty much have to scrounge for good deals on cl and eb. Since these are so rough, I've got to come up with a plan of attack, and decide if I want to mod them or not, since the vinyl on one one the front baffles is ripped, don't think I can restore them to factory spec, so maybe I'll go whole hog. New veneer, custom paint for the front, internal bracing, longer ports and a change in the crossover to series one spec. Again, suggestions are welcome. Kent

I was thinking about getting a Van Alstine pre amp, but haven't talked to anyone who has heard one, he has a new one that has a purely tube circuit for under a grand. Kinda pricey for me, but if it'll make a huge improvement, it'll be worth it, Kent

Hi jweber, you asked what kind of music I listen to, it's easier to say what I don't, I don't care for most country, metal, or rap, most of what's left over I like, I'm definitely not a snob when it comes music, but I like anything that's dynamic and musical, Kent

there's a Klipsch Club?

He meant to say run for your life.

As most of us know we are suffering from a plague here called upgrade-itus. I heard rumors that the CDC is secretly working on a cure for this epidemic, but the only true way to be sure you don't get this is to avoid contact with known carriers. Please do not take this to mean they are indeed working on a cure. I certainly don't want to be the person to spread false hope to those who are infected or who have family members who are suffering with it. If you would like more details you can try to contact the CDC yourself. They have blocked my number, and have banned me from the premises. I even tried to volunteer myself to be quarantined for study and they sent me away. If you do find facts regarding this or any study which may be of help, please post that information publicly here. We all need to know. We are desperate to know.

Thank you in advance

Craig

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Hi jweber, you asked what kind of music I listen to, it's easier to say what I don't, I don't care for most country, metal, or rap, most of what's left over I like, I'm definitely not a snob when it comes music, but I like anything that's dynamic and musical, Kent

A good question about what music does one listen to is "what's in your CD player right now"?

"A good question about what music does one listen to is "what's in your CD player right now?"

Yes, 90125. "Owner of a lonely heart", for me anyway, is a good track for sound evaluation, Kent

Edited by kentcroy

there's a Klipsch Club?

As most of us know we are suffering from a plague here called upgrade-itus. I heard rumors that the CDC is secretly working on a cure for this epidemic, but the only true way to be sure you don't get this is to avoid contact with known carriers. Please do not take this to mean they are indeed working on a cure. I certainly don't want to be the person to spread false hope to those who are infected or who have family members who are suffering with it. If you would like more details you can try to contact the CDC yourself. They have blocked my number, and have banned me from the premises. I even tried to volunteer myself to be quarantined for study and they sent me away. If you do find facts regarding this or any study which may be of help, please post that information publicly here. We all need to know. We are desperate to know.

Thank you in advance

Craig

I think our wives are working on setting up a foundation for this disease to get funding to come up with a cure. I heard there is a walk-a-thon and a 5k run next month :)

"A good question about what music does one listen to is "what's in your CD player right now?"

Yes, 90125. "Owner of a lonely heart", for me anyway, is a good track for sound evaluation, Kent

Awesome….that's a popular album around here.

there's a Klipsch Club?

Thank you in advance

Craig

I think our wives are working on setting up a foundation for this disease to get funding to come up with a cure. I heard there is a walk-a-thon and a 5k run next month :)

Have they picked out a sound system yet?

B)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

As if one pair of CF-3s weren't enough, I bought a second pair today, they are series one, almost a 9/10 condition in black. The bad, owner says one tweeter doesn't work. The good, I bought two un-used K-63-KNs in the deal. I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm not sure what direction I'm going in with them. I think I might swap the tweeters out of my series twos for now, as I really want to hear the series ones, and since I was planning on doing a re-veneer on the series twos, I might go ahead and do a full mod on those. If there are any other CF-3 owners that have done any worthwhile modifications to any series two speakers, I'd love to hear about them.

Kent