Wow! 50 dead in early morning night club shooting?

JL Sargent

More people are killed with hammers and other blunt objects that rifles 

Killers usually pick soft targets. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Yeah, but rifles aren't the only type of guns and when you include the rest the above statement/link seems kinda silly given the statistics it shows...Another way to look at it is consider the suicide rate among Veteran and how many do it with a blunt object. My guess none.  

Edited by Zen Traveler

http://gunrundown.com

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org

Please, tell me again how guns are the answer?

All religions have hatred in the roots. Don't point the finger at Muslims, Christians don't have a perfect history either.

And since when is it ok to broad brush one rogue follower who has bastardized the religion into something it's not.

And there are always cells of a beautiful religion that ruin the image for everyone else.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organizations_designated_by_the_Southern_Poverty_Law_Center_as_hate_groups

Those hate groups are predominantly Christian. But- Christianity when lived in a Christ like manner is about peace, and caring, and protecting the poor and sick. Just like the Muslim faith... And most others.

The real issue here is not a religion, or any group of religions as the problem. Instead it's mental instability & the health care system unable to work for/with these people in our country. Mental illness is seen as a real problem with no answer- instead of treating it like the flu, or a broken finger with real treatments. The man was mentally unstable & had too easy access to firearms.

Killers usually pick soft targets. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Yeah, but rifles aren't the only type of guns and when you include the rest the above statement seems kinda silly.

So should your loved ones have to defend themselves using a knife if the bad guy (or girl) was using a knife? People kill people, not guns.  

Can of worms.  Innit?
You mean gun control?  I don't think it's a can of worms, so much as leadership voids and paralysis at the national and state level.  Other countries have faced down resistance and minimized or forestalled mass shootings since 1999, notably Australia.  What's the matter with us?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, but rifles aren't the only type of guns and when you include the rest the above statement seems kinda silly.

So should your loved ones have to defend themselves using a knife if the bad guy (or girl) was using a knife? People kill people, not guns.  

Sorry we were cross posting and I edited and included a suicide rate that I found disturbing. Truthfully, my life experience has been that most people probably wouldn't benefit from a gun and in fact adds danger to a lot of households.

Can of worms.  Innit?

You mean gun control?  I don't think it's a can of worms, so much as leadership voids and paralysis at the national and state level.  Other countries have faced down resistance and minimized or forestalled mass shootings since 1999, notably Australia.  What's the matter with us?

The matter with us is the perversion of guns and the second amendment.

"Right to bear arms" They always forget the first part of the sentence. "Well regulated" It has a different meaning if you don't pluck out words to fit you intent.

Can of worms.  Innit?

The matter with us is the perversion of guns and the second amendment.

"Right to bear arms" They always forget the first part of the sentence. "Well regulated" It has a different meaning if you don't pluck out words to fit you intent.

again, regulated by whom? At 62  I never invested in owning guns until about 2-3 years ago and while a few thousand rounds might not protect my family forever, if and when the time comes that entity will pay a price. You do what you must do and feel right about, no problem from me but I see troubled times ahead.

Edit: actually this thread wandering from the OP is interesting as most everyone here has changed amps, speakers and sources in search of what they like. Why is it when folks do the same with a gun that my family takes to the range and has fun with by having competitions it is 'taboo'?

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

My wife is a badass and any guy wanting to do her harm would be in a world of hurt unless he wanted to shoot her from a distance...Of course the same could be true of a loved one who owned a gun. I contend if you have an active shooter and they see a gun that person may be the first person shot.

Sorry we were cross posting and I edited and included a suicide rate that I found disturbing. Truthfully, my life experience has been that most people probably wouldn't benefit from a gun and in fact adds danger to a lot of households.

I understand, and won't call your statement silly. If danger comes knocking, I bet that you'll call someone to come to your aid, and they will bring a gun. 

• Like 1

My wife is a badass and any guy wanting to do her harm would be in a world of hurt unless he wanted to shoot her from a distance...Of course the same could be true of a loved one who owned a gun. I contend if you have an active shooter and they see a gun that person may be the first person shot.

I really don't think it happens like this. 

I understand, and won't call your statement silly. If danger comes knocking, I bet that you'll call someone to come to your aid, and they will bring a gun. 

Funny you say that. If I needed aid would have more people come to support me and for that I am thankful--Then again, if they were in trouble my guess is that I would be one of the first people they would call...

Gotta go guys because I have some multichannel music that needs to be listened to--Y'all have a good and safe one.  

Edited by Zen Traveler

It was said to prove a point. I have spent a considerable amount of my life helping people deal with violent individuals and understand what the dynamics are.

It was said to prove a point. I have spent a considerable amount of my life helping people deal with violent individuals and understand what the dynamics are.

The point that I made is the criminal shooters, usually, pick a soft target. The other point is that when people have trouble, they, usually, call the police. 

Am I wrong on those two statements? 

Carry is prohibited in liquor serving establishments in FL, and also I believe other states.   Lars
Thank you.  It was reported that the shooter didn't have any problem walking into a gun store and buying a high-capacity magazine.  That's one thing I'd like to see controlled.

That's a red herring. Once someone decides to murder other human beings their will won't be deterred by unavailable tools. No access to firearms won't stop a determined fanatic from acquiring what they want illegally or making homemade bombs from commonly available chemicals including fertilizer.

How many Americans are killed by Homemade bombs compared to guns?

You're really missing the point. This guy was no more an American than the two brothers who killed 3 and wounded 264 people at the Boston Marathon a few years back. He was a radical Islamic terrorist and a member of the death cult called ISIL. American's and western society are the enemy to these people. They know it, many in the west do not.

Using your logic the problem with Germany during WWII was the weapons they chose to use rather than the idealogy of the German people weilding those weapons... and of course their gangster government.

• Like 1

The question you need to ask yourself is how many criminals are killed by a gun compared to suicides, homicides and accidents...the chances statistically is that a gun will be used in one of those latter instances than in defense against a criminal--That said, in alot of circumstances I can dig why someone may want protection.

Carry is prohibited in liquor serving establishments in FL, and also I believe other states.   Lars
Thank you.  It was reported that the shooter didn't have any problem walking into a gun store and buying a high-capacity magazine.  That's one thing I'd like to see controlled.

It's being reported that the suspect was on the FBI radar and had been interviewed by them a couple of times. He still bought his weapons legally - which require an FBI background check. I'm convinced that our government is incompetent to the point that it doesn't matter what laws are passed regarding buying a gun or a high-capacity magazine and that It's nothing more than a false sense of security implemented by the three stooges. 

Nothing will result from this but a further loss of freedoms. Until the next act of terrorism committed by someone or some people that could have been prevented by a competent entity.

Does Israel, surrounded by enemies, have such issues? No.

And then, when it does happen again here, more calls for the loss of more freedoms will be the answer from a completely incompetent government. And many will agree. 

Sad.

• Like 1

In respose to wolfbane--As of now it appears this guy had problems and succumbed to ISIS at the last part of his life--Insofar as who they see as their enemy? You do realize they are trying to establish a caliphate in the middle east--They want the west involved to help build the sentiment over there for their cause...

• Like 1