Wow! 50 dead in early morning night club shooting?

JL Sargent

We live in a country where a considerable number (if not most) are Christians, but are still a secular nation and great because of it. That said, our potential overseas enemies come from Religious ideologies in their government and populous and see our interventions over there as "Christian" endeavors--Of course most were for capitalistic reasons and I bet the political discussions being had now 'over here' makes the moderates 'over there' think we are just as extreme...

Getting back to this discussion--I absolutely think this guy shot over 100 people because he was a religious nut and may have been brainwashed because of his feelings towards gays--That said, I wouldn't be comfortable being a Muslim living in the United States but it's a lot better than being one living in Syria!

Imo, minds need to be changed

There ain't no changing the minds of guys like the shooter. Never going to happen.

No doubt--That said, I for one would like to see the violence curbed. This one guy caused almost half as much death as several gangs of bombers/shooters in Paris on November 15, 2015.

I am glad I live in a state where I have the right to protect myself against this madness.
Huh?  I thought Floridians DID live in a state where people have a "right to protect themselves."  they can even stand their ground.  What happened?

Doesn't this show the utter failure of NRA policy mythology about how having guns protects people?

• Like 2

Pretty much shooting fish in a barrel no? With people piled into a nightclub with few or no windows and doors to escape it seems to me very simple for someone to hit this type of "Soft target". I will have to disagree with some of you though. This ideology is not something you can curb or change. It is a religious belief by radical Islamists that will stop at nothing to destroy the west and the way we live. I do not feel sorry for the Muslims living in the US as previously stated by another poster, out of 1.7 Billion Muslims I can count on one hand how many speak out against this violence. Understand full well that if they condone it publicly, they will become targets for betraying their faith. I have studied plenty on what is going on right now in the world and this is not something that is going to fade anytime soon. Our president and other world leaders failing to call it what it is strengthens the views of these nut jobs. Being a Muslim himself and sympathizing with their beliefs only endangers the US people further. I am not trying to make this political just stating facts. If he were not a Muslim and he took a Muslim name he would have been killed by them. Look at Mohammed Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and others, they changed their names once they assumed their new Muslim name and took on their beliefs....not before. Very few people know who Barry Soetoro even is.

• Like 1

Don't you know the FBI is working overtime investigating this guy.

The FBI actually investigated this guy in both 2013 and 2014. He was on their radar, just never developed into anything they could charge him with until now.

Huh?  I thought Floridians DID live in a state where people have a "right to protect themselves."  they can even stand their ground.  What happened?

Doesn't this show the utter failure of NRA policy mythology about how having guns protects people?

Since when was it legal to bring guns inside of a gay bar where alcohol is served in copious amounts?

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

You gotta admire his efficiency...

My guess it wasn't as hard as you think. It seems if you want to kill alot of people the AR 15 would be a good choice.

In a situation like that, you could do a ridiculous amount of damage with a cheap hunting shotgun from Wal-Mart. Now that "load 2" and quad loading methods and shell carriers are becoming normal, some SWAT teams are even transitioning back to using shotguns. You can also easily screw mag tube extensions on to increase the capacity. After Sandy Hook, some pretty hardcore professionals even testified that a shotgun would be their choice if they were to do something stupid like that, not that they would, but as you can well remember, there was an AR-15 witch hunt going on.

• Like 1

This ideology is not something you can curb or change. It is a religious belief by radical Islamists that will stop at nothing to destroy the west and the way we live. I do not feel sorry for the Muslims living in the US as previously stated by another poster, out of 1.7 Billion Muslims I can count on one hand how many speak out against this violence.

Then you haven't been keeping track of the statements including at the first press conference of an Imam who spoke against this violence... 

Interpreting gun laws can be difficult to sift through but as I see it FL has a stand your ground law which doesn't give you the right to carry a firearm. I may very well be wrong on this.

When I said I live in a state that's gives me the right to protect myself I mean the state of KS where one can carry whether on their person or in their vehicle a firearm with no permit. Not really sure if this is good or bad but one can be sure there are Lots of people armed around these parts. My LEO son has no real issue with it other than when stopping a car and seeing a gun on the seat highly suggests that's where the gun remains during the stop.

Interpreting gun laws can be difficult to sift through but as I see it FL has a stand your ground law which doesn't give you the right to carry a firearm.

It's pretty simple, Florida statute 790.06(12)(a) / #12 forbids it in this situation.

Not that I expect drunk guys in a gay bar at 2 am to be capable of defending themselves with a firearm.

but as I see it FL has a stand your ground law which doesn't give you the right to carry a firearm.
If you have a weapons carry permit you can carry, but places that serve alcohol are off limits. Some jurisdictions allow carrying in a restaurant that happens to serve alcohol. If the primary product of the 'club' is to serve alcohol, nope. 

Churches have been off limits as well, but many states have changed the ir laws to accommodate ordinary citizens. Georgia, where I live, has reciprocity agreements with approximately 13 other states. For example, if I have a permit, I can carry from Florida, up through TN, KY, and MI. and some neighboring states. I would be required to abide by each individual state's laws and regulations, however.

It's just time. There are cycles to everything. Everything. The cycle of war; economic collapse; social collapse, etc, while being separate entities in and of themselves with their own cycles, and usually afflicting individual country's over the course of time, are all lining up at this point in time to affect the whole world. Nothing like this has ever happened before in the history of Man. 

The old Chinese proverb "may you live in interesting times" doesn't even do justice to what the near future holds for all of us. We are only on the cusp of what is to come. 

Prayers to the wounded and dead. They aren't the first in this, and they will not be the last.