PS3 Sony Vue & Network Speed

USNRET

I am using an original PS3 (I think called the fat boy) hard wired to the router and have horrible network speeds. Off this same router I get ~300 mb down on my PC but have only achieved a max of 9 mb down on the PS3. I have turned off the media server and made it the highest priority on my router but this only raised it from 5 to 9. When I first start Vue I see a 5 bar signal strength (I would have thought this indicated wireless speed but....) and then I get buffering, freeze fame and the signal strength shows zero. Thoughts?

Weird that I have had to reboot the modem everyday for the last few days to get back up to speed (but this doesn't help the PS3). I just went around and restarted the modem, 2 routers (1 wireless) and 4 switches to bring our wired network back up to nominal. PS3 still sucks; I just cancelled the Sony Vue subscription, back to OTA. Suspecting modem issues, too bad it's mine and only a few months old.

I am using an original PS3 (I think called the fat boy) hard wired to the router and have horrible network speeds. Off this same router I get ~300 mb down on my PC but have only achieved a max of 9 mb down on the PS3. I have turned off the media server and made it the highest priority on my router but this only raised it from 5 to 9. When I first start Vue I see a 5 bar signal strength (I would have thought this indicated wireless speed but....) and then I get buffering, freeze fame and the signal strength shows zero. Thoughts?

I just have cable internet (20mb) which runs about 13mb wireless at my computer and PS3.  I also use a FireTV.  I only have issues with Vue - it freezes up every night on the FireTV even though the signal remains 5 bars.  I can switch to Amazon and it streams fine and go back to Vue and it hangs up.  I usually have to reboot the FireTV to get going again.  I changed to a wired connection with the same results.  Is it possible that it's the Vue software or maybe their servers (if that's where the programming resides)?   I have a limited understanding of networks and internet TV so forgive me if I'm way off base.  BTW, the PS3 is in another room and I haven't tried it lately.

My ps4 download speed ia probably 20x what it wasnon the ps3....and thats the same connection. I fully believe they restrict speed on the ps3 vs the ps4.

To me its like cell phones they magically get worse after a few years....so u have to upgrade. Thats my 2c.

Weird that I have had to reboot the modem everyday for the last few days to get back up to speed (but this doesn't help the PS3). I just went around and restarted the modem, 2 routers (1 wireless) and 4 switches to bring our wired network back up to nominal. PS3 still sucks; I just cancelled the Sony Vue subscription, back to OTA. Suspecting modem issues, too bad it's mine and only a few months old.

My experience with comcast had this issue and it was a signal issue through the line where what they were sending was too weak, and was intermittent. Sometimes it worked fine, sometimes hardly at all, and everything in between.  Once they improved the signal it worked much better.  This is in regards to resetting it, not the speed issue.