Heresy III Bass Questions

BMINDES

First time poster!!

Considering a pair of Heresy III's and no matter where I go see different responses regarding the bass output...They would be paired with a Pioneer VSX-41 Elite Series amp that was primarily made for home theater but now used in my 2 channel setup...also running an old  BSR EQ3000 w/ Technics SL-1200MK5 turntable

Most of what I read is the Heresy III are fine with no sub for softer rock,jazz,blues etc but not so much for metal where some state they lack the punch or gets distorted...I have a set of Cerwin Vega DX-5 (probably a dirty word in this forum) but for rock they do produce for other types of music just too bottom heavy...If the Klipsch gang would give me any of their input and knowledge it would be truly appreciated!!!

-BM

Edited by BMINDES

My Infinity SM152's are quite similar to your CW's. You won't get that bass out of any Heresies however the dynamics and clarity will make up for it. If you can get a 12 inch sub to pair with the Heresies you would be all set.

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a place to demo Heresy III's in the Houston area??

Dealer or forum member?

There may be a member or two that own HIII's in your area.

Bill

I'd be fine with either a retailer or forum member...

-BM

So looks like its goin to be a set of H3's for 2 channel setup...Any recommendations on a sub (under 1g prefer ) and placement...The room these are goin in is acutally an open loft area upstairs designed kinda as a game room..Also will be connected to a Pioneer VSX-41 (eventually will have a tube setup but this will have to do for now :) )

Edited by BMINDES

So looks like its goin to be a set of H3's for 2 channel setup...Any recommendations on a sub (under 1g prefer ) and placement...The room these are goin in is acutally an open loft area upstairs designed kinda as a game room..Also will be connected to a Pioneer VSX-41 (eventually will have a tube setup but this will have to do for now :) )

I love my HSU ULS 15 mk2. Plenty of power and it's pretty small. That is paired up with my Altec 19s and has no issue.

My Klipsch SW-311 has been rather impressive too. I have it with the RF-7II and it has no trouble keeping up. It has shaken walls throughout my house during some movies. I also had it with my Heresy III and it was nice and fast to keep up with the HIII bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Grizzog

I would highly recommend you do a DIY horn sub, cleanest bass you will ever hear and half the cost of a commercial sub. I built two anarchy tapped horn subs, I'm not even close to being a carpenter so if I can do it so can you, just my .02.

• Like 2

I would highly recommend you do a DIY horn sub, cleanest bass you will ever hear and half the cost of a commercial sub. I built two anarchy tapped horn subs, I'm not even close to being a carpenter so if I can do it so can you, just my .02.

This ^!! Great designs out there and most are not that hard to build. Horn subs have ruined me!!

I'll second the utility of tone controls. For how light they are on bass normally, they're surprisingly capable if you use tone controls. I normally listen to mine with a Klipsch Sub 12 (not ideal for them, but it does the job), though I sometimes turn it off and turn up the bass tone control on my Adcom preamp instead. It won't rattle the windows, but it really brings up their polite bass.

Your mileage may vary, likely depending on how the tone control circuit on your preamp sounds as well as where the slope is. I'll also add that even though I really, really like bass, I so much prefer the sound of my Heresy IIs over my RP-280Fs that I don't use them very much anymore, and they do rattle the windows.

• Moderators

I only use the sub for 2 Ch on occasion, anything else and the sub's not really needed, but they are a little bigger than a Heresy's.  About 8 times per side.

But I do get alot of listening time (as much as inside) with the Heresy ll's out in the bar and there is no sub used, also handy when working in the garden.