Heresy III Bass Questions

BMINDES

I only use the sub for 2 Ch on occasion, anything else and the sub's not really needed, but they are a little bigger than a Heresy's.  About 8 times per side.

But I do get alot of listening time (as much as inside) with the Heresy ll's out in the bar and there is no sub used, also handy when working in the garden.

Dtel...Thanks so much for all the info....So you think even pairing the H3's with the receiver I mentioned (Pioneer Elite Series VSX 41) still hold off buying a sub until I see how sounds?? That receiver has plenty of power 110 Watt - 8 Ohm - at 1 kHz - THD 1.0% - 2 channel(s) but just worried goin to get a tinny overall sound...

-B

Hey everyone...Thanks for all the input re the H3's.

"IF" decide to add the sub can anyone give me some advice how this sub would pair with them?? I know few on here said look at horn loaded sub but those may be out of the price range after I get the H3's  :)

Klipsch 12" Black Powered Subwoofer - R-12SW

I haven't heard that one, but I can vouch for the usefulness of the lesser, older Klipsch Sub 12 that I use with mine. It did take some figuring out in order to get the blend just right; the Heresies like a subwoofer that is taut and musical, and the Sub 12 was the cheapest Klipsch 12" available when it was released. Even still, once blended properly, I have yet to listen to source material where I said, "Ah, yes, I just heard subwoofer." I expect that a newer one would sound even better. Of course, it's best to read reviews and get an idea of how well other people are liking theirs, especially folks who are using it with other non-bass-heavy speakers.

• Like 1

At that price, you could find the SW-311 for just a bit more.  There aren't many reviews for it, but I love mine.  Really tight bass and it has no trouble shaking walls if called for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-SW-311-Reference-Series-Subwoofer-Black-Satin-finish-NEW-/291731073848?hash=item43ec86eb38:g:oYIAAOSwGYVXBWGo

...or, for just slightly more, give safe and sound in MA a call and you could get the R-115SW.

Then there are many DIY options, and ID subs out there.

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2017 at 4:45 PM, FTB said:

I have a pair that sound like they are playing through a Mattress. Over all, Soulcrushingly bad sound(at my house).

Just tying off this loose end.  The problem turned out to be the turntable - not the speakers.  See: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/168739-heresy-iii/&page=2

• Like 1

On 6/20/2016 at 1:02 PM, BMINDES said:

Does anyone know of a place to demo Heresy III's in the Houston area??

Demo is fine, just remember the sound you hear, is not the sound you are buying.

not hearing your amp, pre, cables, and more importantly room acoustics . Places are set up to make gear sound its best. To have this, you will need to mimic the setup of the shop, in your living room, or....just listen for a half hour until your ear gets retrained.