Buying a new sliding-table panel saw

Arash

Hey guys,

I've been working with Altendorf WA8 table saw for past two years with totally satisfactory result. Now we are opening a new store and we are about to buy a new sliding-table panel saw. we checked if Altendorf WA8 is available but no luck at all. Altendorf WA80 is in stock but it will set us back $35K. Felder is also available. its' top model Felder K940S is just $20K. I have a limited experience with Felder and I like it's tools but I always admired Altendorf despite WA8 was a medium range model. Felder seems promising but I'm not sure. I wanted to share it with you maybe someone has more experience with Felder. any idea is much appreciated.

this is Altendorf WA8:

04db23823186099cbcb16bdfba673bd7045da97a1b1c64233750fd4630664462

This is Altendorf WA80 TE ($30K): Link

39446-2375099.jpg

this is Felder K940S ($20K): link

sized_a871f086962175b711bfbc7d2e2b7fe518

Those are some robust saws. Are you using them for mass production of speakers? 

yes, actually we manufacture speakers in large quantities and table saw and CNC machine are two main tools we use. we build CNC ourselves domestically with HSD spindle which is able to deal with BB plywood. we also need heavy duty table saw for cutting Baltic Birch plywood

Have you ever used a standing panel saw ?

I find it much easier to run the saw through the panel rather than the panel through the saw.

Takes the work out of it, much more pleasant to use.

Jason - As far as I know, WAY less accurate and consistent.

And, no option of scoring blade. Lars

Have you ever used a standing panel saw ?

I find it much easier to run the saw through the panel rather than the panel through the saw.

Takes the work out of it, much more pleasant to use.

Jason - As far as I know, WAY less accurate and consistent.

And, no option of scoring blade. Lars

Don't know where you get this information from but any quality saw will be accurate, if not its worn, broken or just operator error.

Never had an issue with the few i used though they were industrial models, i do not personally own one.

A good saw will have 1/32" accuracy or better.

Wood expands and contracts more than that, not an issue.

If bearings are worn replace them or get a new saw.

If by score cut you mean dado you can get one with a router attachment.

Scoring blade cuts veneer or laminate to a very shallow setting very cleanly before the main blade cuts the body of the stock.

Circular saws have new, out of the box, tremendous slop compared to anything Arash is talking about.

Typical ply sheets , when stored in a decent environment, will not expand or contract anywhere near 1/32" unless maybe a full sheet.

There's practical reasons why people build and buy saws for 25K.  

And re 1/32" accuracy, not very impressive at all.  

Of course, depends on what you're doing.

Sheathing a house, or crosscut mitering solid wood for high end cabinetry.           Lars