National Bourbon Day

Ceptorman

Woodford Reserve.

That's one I hadn't heard of.  I'll be on the lookout.

I really like Weller 12 but you can only get it in the fall and you really need to know someone or it'll disappear off the shelves before you know it.

The only bourbon I’ll drink straight is Knob Creek or Makers.  Mostly just Knob Creek.  Wellers is fine but I tend to view it as a status symbol of sorts, people tend to like it more since it is harder to find.  At corporate functions I end up drinking Makers since it is free, but again, I view it as a status symbol thing, it tends to be popular among the golf crowd.  Not sure how golfing and straight bourbon from one particular brand goes together but hey, whatever floats your boat.  The best bourbon for the money by far is Evan Williams 1783 in my opinion.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

The only bourbon I’ll drink straight is Knob Creek or Makers.  Mostly just Knob Creek.  Wellers is fine but I tend to view it as a status symbol of sorts, people tend to like it more since it is harder to find.  At corporate functions I end up drinking Makers since it is free, but again, I view it as a status symbol thing, it tends to be popular among the golf crowd.  Not sure how golfing and straight bourbon from one particular brand goes together but hey, whatever floats your boat.  The best bourbon for the money by far is Evan Williams 1783 in my opinion.  

Is that Evan Williams single barrel?

Edited by Ceptorman

I prefer Jameson, besides everyday is Irish whiskey day [emoji12][emoji13][emoji14][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a few years ago my wife's great aunt Kathleen visited their old home in Donegal.  It was about 10AM, and the old female relative that greeted them at the door of the crofter's stone cottage immediately pulled out a bottle of whisky and glasses.  Kathleen said "Isn't it a bit early?"  The old lady glared at her suspiciously and stated "If you aren't a boozer, you aren't a Duffy."  Kathleen had a drink.

Dave

• Like 2

The best bourbon for the money by far is Evan Williams 1783 in my opinion.  

Is that Evan Williams single barrel?

It's kind of a small(ish) batch thing, they supposedly pick out 80 barrels or less of the best stuff then let it age longer.  That's kind of a high number for small batch though so I guess it's debatable as to what exactly it is.  Definitely not single barrel though.  

Wife and I had a nice Sunday evening dinner at a great KC steakhouse. Their "bourbon basil smash" caught my eye then my pallet.

Makers, fresh squeezed lemon, lemon zest and a basil leaf, crushed ice. Talk about refreshing and damned tasty. "Yes ma'am thanks, I will have another".

• Like 1