National Bourbon Day

Ceptorman

Had some Jesse James Bourbon last weekend.

Cheap and preferred over many more expensive brands.

These guys are interesting in that they buy it in bulk from somewhere in Kentucky, but won't say where.  Most likely it is rebranded Heaven Hill or something.  Gets shipped up to New Hampshire and bottled up and marketed by LeVecke.  

Had some Jesse James Bourbon last weekend.

Cheap and preferred over many more expensive brands.

These guys are interesting in that they buy it in bulk from somewhere in Kentucky, but won't say where.  Most likely it is rebranded Heaven Hill or something.  Gets shipped up to New Hampshire and bottled up and marketed by LeVecke.  

Does not taste like any other i have tried.

Smokey, Oakey and smooth, nice aftertaste.

The only bourbon I’ll drink straight is Knob Creek or Makers.  Mostly just Knob Creek.  Wellers is fine but I tend to view it as a status symbol of sorts, people tend to like it more since it is harder to find.  At corporate functions I end up drinking Makers since it is free, but again, I view it as a status symbol thing, it tends to be popular among the golf crowd.  Not sure how golfing and straight bourbon from one particular brand goes together but hey, whatever floats your boat.  The best bourbon for the money by far is Evan Williams 1783 in my opinion.  

Knob creek is really good whiskey, a bit harsh but good flavor. Makers Mark is good as well but is too sweet sometimes. Elijah Craig is probably my favorite all around for solid neutral flavor with Jim Beam black a close second but I prefer it more for wintertime.  Bulleit Bourbon is great as well for summertime, there is something about the flavor that just feels "Old Western" to me for some reason.

Elijah Craig is my go to for a daily drink. I love the Colonel EH Taylor Single Barrel for a more special occasion. Pappy is mostly overrated in my opinion - especially for the price point. Elmer Lee is great bourbon, but expensive as well. 

Thankfully I have a local Cigar lounge that keeps all the bourbons and scotches in stock - ranging from the mild to the high end stuff. 

Not sure what I'll celebrate with yet! 

• Like 1