Goodbye to Seabrook

Mallette

The PAW and I are doing final pack out of our Seabrook house, right at 10 years to the day from when we moved in.  Thomas is at scout camp in Arkansas.  Mixed emotions.  This house was never really "me."  Too "Pleasantville" and uniform.  However, many memories.  We lost our daughter here a month after that picture was taken so locking the door the last time will certainly involve tears. 

Some of our friends will be dropping by tonight and we'll toast. 

Then, it's home to Texarkana.  We are planning to have our building downtown ready by first quarter of '17.  It will be my last home.  My final journey will be out old US 67 to join my parents and daughter at East Memorial Gardens.

My travels are done. 

OTOH, the Regional Music Heritage Center will need me for quite a while so I don't plan on that trip out 67 anytime soon...though, of course, that isn't my call.

Dave

post-7390-0-33520000-1465929953_thumb.jp

post-7390-0-94960000-1465930193_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter…..nice photo.

She was sweet, had a great life, influenced a lot of people, and went almost instantly with no pain.  I can grieve, but I can't complain.  Given her 100% mortality prediction within 10 days at birth we had a great blessing for 13 years.  With that knowledge, I said always that I was prepared, but not ready. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 6

You should see my son now.  Six feet at 14.  Trombone, viola, and piano.  And wants to be an architect.  Closing in on Eagle.  Very proud and grateful. 

Dave

6' at 14! …..he's still growing. Are you or his Mom tall? 

She was sweet, had a great life, influenced a lot of people, and went almost instantly with no pain.
I barely got through the story on your blog. It would have been a joy to know her. Hopefully I'll get to meet you and the PAW one of these days.

NOW, get settled in as best you can in the new digs. You are still planning on living upstairs from the museum, aren't you?

Bruce