Sending out an SOS

dtel's wife

• Moderators

We are desperately in need of someone with design and printing capabilities, either free or at a substantially reduced cost. We are wanting to put together a full color brochure on glossy stock, 8 1/2" x 11" trifold. This is for a special non profit entity we are working on forming.

Feel free to PM me for additional details on this project.

Please comment here or PM me directly if you have these skill sets or know someone who does.

Thank you,

Christy

Edited by dtel's wife

I have a lot of print experience having worked at several companies years ago.

The easiest and best solution if you don't know someone directly is to contact a local college, preferably a smaller one or community one and get in touch with their staff who teach graphic design.  They will have students there that can design it for you at a very very small cost for practice.

In today's print world most everything is printed digitally (i.e. fancy printers) unless there's a very, very long run being produced (typically millions).  Printing presses exist but are never used for small runs anymore.  

The ability to print the item cheaply is critically important when DESIGNING the brochure, so have some flexibility and work with your designer to make sure the printer can produce it cheaply.  There's a good chance that for a fee the school will print it using their printers.  The simplest and easiest way to print a multi-page brochure of this sort if it's a very small run is to use ledger size paper (11x17), available at any office supply store.    This can be folded in half (17 down to 8.5) into a 4-page brochure.  Not as fancy and nice as a folding 6 pager, but easier and cheaper to produce.  But that's just one option.  

Here's a web page with a phone number to the department at your local school down there.  Give them a call and let them know exactly what you want to do, they will almost for sure help you one way or another.  How can a teacher refuse to give a student a great opportunity like this?  At worst they'll direct you to one of their past students who now does it for a living and will likely give you a big discount as a NFP. 

https://www.usm.edu/undergraduate/art-graphic-design-bfa

RK

• Like 1

E.A.S.T. is active in many high schools. Hope may have an E.A.S.T. lab. El Dorado does, but I won't be there next year, and the facilitator is new. I started our E.A.S.T. lab years ago, and this would be a perfect project for a group of E.A.S.T. students. (Environmental And Spatial Technology) I'll research a little and get back to you, Christy.

SSH