Small Home Theater Add-On MORE BASSSSS

Scrappydue

ok so eq'ed everything today. after about three hours of frustration on my part, i got everything taken care of. seems these subs got rid of my 72hz null i had so that is awesome. that alone has added alot of punch to the few short clips I've watched on my demo discs. also i had boosted 72hz by like 10db. figured that out once i hooked up to the computer. so bringing that down will give me alot more headroom since i was boosting a null. also gained the 6db of headroom just like my calculations. 

so in the end what did this addition net me? well i have both amps at 50% volume just like i have had the single one since i had it. also fixed a 72hz null. and allowed me to turn the trim down by 6db in the avr so now everything has more headroom. 

:emotion-22:  :emotion-21:  B)

I'm curious how you tune that many subwoofers? What do you use. Im very curious about your configuration.

so this time what i did was to turn off all eq and see where i was at. before i really only had a null at 72hz. well these being higher up towards my ceiling must have excited a room mode and got rid of that null. so with absolutely no eq applied i just let audyssey run. it smoothed out a tiny bit more down low. so basically to get them all to work together, i stacked them and turned them up. lucky in this room and with my placement. things have been working out for me big time in this room. i have a feeling my next house i won't be so lucky in. but thats ok the challenge will be accepted. i have much more to learn before that next room and have been making friends in all the right places to gain as much knowledge as i can before then. 

• Like 2

I can't wait to upgrade my receiver. It has Mcacc but it's practically useless. It must be their $0.02 version.. It sets speaker distance and that's it. So that would be for delay only I think.

I can't wait to have more sophisticated gear to tweak and tune a room to hit its highest potential.

• Like 1

I can't wait to upgrade my receiver. It has Mcacc but it's practically useless. It must be their $0.02 version.. It sets speaker distance and that's it. So that would be for delay only I think.

I can't wait to have more sophisticated gear to tweak and tune a room to hit its highest potential

I have been using MCACC for 5 years and love.  It only goes down to 63 Hz for the sub but, it has a way of getting good sound in my room.  I've been eyeing the SC 95.  When you get over 2 or 3 subs, it is time to invest in Omnimic or learn REW.  With MCACC, I like that it stops at 63 Hz.  This allows me full control under 63 Hz to get the 8 subs tuned in for a bass.

I can't wait to have more sophisticated gear to tweak and tune a room to hit its highest potential

I have been using MCACC for 5 years and love.  It only goes down to 63 Hz for the sub but, it has a way of getting good sound in my room.  I've been eyeing the SC 95.  When you get over 2 or 3 subs, it is time to invest in Omnimic or learn REW.  With MCACC, I like that it stops at 63 Hz.  This allows me full control under 63 Hz to get the 8 subs tuned in for a bass.

See mine is the cheap-o receiver. 522-K or something like that. It's practically worthless. I can't wait to finish my room and get close to scrappy's level! His room is insane!

That is a wall of sound right there. Great work on the cabs too Scrappy. Now lets see the meter show 140 db, with your ear plugs in of course :)

oh my that could be hard. Challenge accepted though. Although I'm not sure my mic measures that high. Think it might take a special mic. And if so challenge unaccepted. Lol
  • Like 2

Great work on your subs Bro. I dig all that firepower at the ready and yet it is invisible behind that massive screen. Beautiful.  I'm wondering if you have seen any info on a cardioid subwoofer set-up.   I have watched quite a few videos on youtube about that some time ago and it got me interested in that type of set-up for the time when I have more than the 2 subs I have now.  Here is a vid I just dug up.

chttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uD6Szdcqpw

Edited by shiva

That is a wall of sound right there. Great work on the cabs too Scrappy. Now lets see the meter show 140 db, with your ear plugs in of course :)

oh my that could be hard. Challenge accepted though. Although I'm not sure my mic measures that high. Think it might take a special mic. And if so challenge unaccepted. Lol

A pegged meter will suffice  :)     Im kidding, don't piss the boss off !

See mine is the cheap-o receiver. 522-K or something like that. It's practically worthless. I can't wait to finish my room and get close to scrappy's level! His room is insane!

Scrappy has an impressive HT.  I may be able to feel it  here in Indiana, lol.

• Like 1