Small Home Theater Add-On MORE BASSSSS

Scrappydue

Great work on your subs Bro. I dig all that firepower at the ready and yet it is invisible behind that massive screen. Beautiful.  I'm wondering if you have seen any info on a cardioid subwoofer set-up.   I have watched quite a few videos on youtube about that some time ago and it got me interested in that type of set-up for the time when I have more than the 2 subs I have now.  Here is a vid I just dug up.

chttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uD6Szdcqpw

That's a cool video. It is very telling! Can this be done in a room? I always thought of it more as an open air type of sound setup. I think Michael Colter could tell us since he has mastered both in-room and outside sound systems.

Great work on your subs Bro. I dig all that firepower at the ready and yet it is invisible behind that massive screen. Beautiful. I'm wondering if you have seen any info on a cardioid subwoofer set-up. I have watched quite a few videos on youtube about that some time ago and it got me interested in that type of set-up for the time when I have more than the 2 subs I have now. Here is a vid I just dug up.

c

That's a cool video. It is very telling! Can this be done in a room? I always thought of it more as an open air type of sound setup. I think Michael Colter could tell us since he has mastered both in-room and outside sound systems.

very interesting. To me it definitely seems like more of an outdoor thing. Talking about bass up on stage and what not. Inside subs are against the wall. All bass fires forward. So not sure any of this would apply to in room

Great work on your subs Bro. I dig all that firepower at the ready and yet it is invisible behind that massive screen. Beautiful. I'm wondering if you have seen any info on a cardioid subwoofer set-up. I have watched quite a few videos on youtube about that some time ago and it got me interested in that type of set-up for the time when I have more than the 2 subs I have now. Here is a vid I just dug up.

c

very interesting. To me it definitely seems like more of an outdoor thing. Talking about bass up on stage and what not. Inside subs are against the wall. All bass fires forward. So not sure any of this would apply to in room

I always thought the best in a room is to get to cabin gain output, which I am sure you do very well with that beasty setup.

so in the end what did this addition net me? well i have both amps at 50% volume just like i have had the single one since i had it.

Are you talking about the Ch A and Ch B dials on the inuke?
yes.

I've wondered which is preferred method for control, either through the avr or amp. I've read to max the signal input to the amps and then adjust through the avr. It can get confusing when many options for the same adjustment via different pieces of equipment in the system.

I chose half because it's easy for me to turn up for demos and laughing at his crazy it can get, and then right back down to half.

I turn the gain up as high as I can to get within calibration. So for instance one notch up on each channel of both amps calibrated with subs maxed out at -12. Clicked down one notch to half (which is where I like it anyways) calibrates to -11.5 in sub 1 and -11 on sub 2. So that literally is perfect for me. Then both channels are boosted up to my liking.

I chose half because it's easy for me to turn up for demos and laughing at his crazy it can get, and then right back down to half.

I turn the gain up as high as I can to get within calibration. So for instance one notch up on each channel of both amps calibrated with subs maxed out at -12. Clicked down one notch to half (which is where I like it anyways) calibrates to -11.5 in sub 1 and -11 on sub 2. So that literally is perfect for me. Then both channels are boosted up to my liking.

Yes, that would make it much easier than going into the avr set-up to make a "on-the"-fly" change, good point.