Small Home Theater Add-On MORE BASSSSS

Scrappydue

eah, when going full force doesn't the screen move some?
if i play a 5hz test tone or something full tilt it will move the screen. otherwise never

My pants just got tighter
LOL :lol: 

Do the 2x4s redirect (deflect) the bass away from the LP?
not at all like carl said.

maybe relocate the uprights to split the KPTs?  
that would actually block the tweeter and woofer path. which would be no bueno

The cabinet build and finish look GREAT BTW
 thank you! its funny my skills have gotten quite a bit better. the top four i did much better finishing on than the flatpacks. 

Honest question- Aside from aesthetic purposes of having everything behind the screen, why would you have them stacked instead of a few behind you for nearfield effect etc?

well to be honest for looks is about it. I wanted them floor to ceiling. Believe it or not I have one more inuke and two more 18's specifically for nearfield for this room. However once I got to measuring I just don't have enough room in between rows for nearfield subs. Room is the issue period.

Now when we finish the other part of my basement off and if I decide to ditch the second row of seats then the other two 8's I have will come straight down and go behind the couch to pummel my back lol

• Like 2

Honest question- Aside from aesthetic purposes of having everything behind the screen, why would you have them stacked instead of a few behind you for nearfield effect etc?

well to be honest for looks is about it. I wanted them floor to ceiling. Believe it or not I have one more inuke and two more 18's specifically for nearfield for this room. However once I got to measuring I just don't have enough room in between rows for nearfield subs. Room is the issue period.

Now when we finish the other part of my basement off and if I decide to ditch the second row of seats then the other two 8's I have will come straight down and go behind the couch to pummel my back lol

Makes sense!

Lol I like how it comes out that there are even MORE 18'' subwoofers that we didnt even know about. :D

If you did not have a front false wall- would it make sense to cut holes in your side walls or rear wall and have them hidden with an acoustic transparent cloth or something?

Just curious about other possibilities to hide that kind of setup with NOT going I.B.

well id say if you had the room on the other side of whatever wall then yeah you could do that