Brand New LaScala II Grill Frame Damage

dillon16

Just bought a brand new pair of LaScala II's. When taking them out of the boxes I noticed the paint on one of the grill frames is bubbled and peeling. Talked with several people at Klipsch to order a new grill, but this particular grill model is unavailable. Klipsch recently changed the grill design on the LaScala II, and they cannot replace my damaged part. 

Any ideas of how to replace or repair my grill frame? I'd like to avoid repainting if possible. Would be interested in purchasing a used grill if anyone knows where I can locate one?

post-63442-0-16280000-1466263072_thumb.j

post-63442-0-47600000-1466263081_thumb.j

post-63442-0-37080000-1466263098_thumb.j

That hurts.  Like has been said...  I'd go back to the place you bought them from and say "what are we (you) going to do?"

When I got my LaScalas (1979) I raced to the store to get them.  When I saw the salesman, he had a bit of a frown on his face.  It seems that something had punched a hole in the box, sort of like a fork truck spear.

I just knew the doghouse was smashed however, as luck would have it, whatever did the damage, went into the empty space and missed any/all wood parts.  It was only the box that was damaged.

Good luck getting this taken care of.  Those are nice speakers and it's unfortunate this happened.

Brand new speakers, yep someone needs to make this right. Dealer, Klipsch whoever. I agree with Mung - if they can't replace a grill frame on a new speaker than sorry, I need another pair of speakers. A repair is out of the question; had you wanted to do repair, touch- up work you would have bought used and saved thousands.

I bought them new from an authorized dealer. But this type of grill isn't available from Klipsch anymore, they changed the design right around the time I purchased the speakers. First photo below with green arrow is my grill design, second photo with red arrow is the new design. Frustrating that Klipsch still has photos of my design on their website, but can't provide parts. I spoke with almost a dozen people at Klipsch to check the warehouse, no luck. I suppose it can be painted, but I would rather replace the grill frame.

post-63442-0-71840000-1466265250_thumb.j

post-63442-0-12840000-1466265258_thumb.j

Thanks for the idea, but the top and bottom cabinets are matching serial numbers, and the left and right speakers are sequential. The grill and frame can be removed and replaced, just none available from Klipsch. Hoping I can find one elsewhere. Just wanted to ask around, and figured this would be the best place.

Tell them its not acceptable and send them back.   They can fix it, they can hire someone to fix it or take them back.   They have insurance, or UPS does.  Someone damaged it.  

And WTF they do not have parts for a speaker they sell?   That makes no sense unless it was a floor model 10  years old.

Is there something you are not telling us or leaving out as this seems like a no brainer.    You buy a car and it has a HUGE DOOR DENT.   The dealer will knock something off or have the body shop fix it. 

I mean you can blame Klipshe or the Postal carrier or just suck it up.

If you got it at some kind of bargain close out price you might just want to suck it up and pay someone to clean it up.  Its not that big a deal to get it fixed. 

I bought them from a Klipsch dealer, they were new in the box, but must have been at the store for about a year as the grill model had changed. That's why Klipsch won't take them back. Just curious about how to repair or replace, if anyone knows of someone looking to sell a used pair of LaScala's, or parts, etc. Thanks

I bought them from a Klipsch dealer, they were new in the box, but must have been at the store for about a year as the grill model had changed. That's why Klipsch won't take them back. Just curious about how to repair or replace, if anyone knows of someone looking to sell a used pair of LaScala's, or parts, etc. Thanks

Then they must refund you and take them back.  Then you order another pair from them or someone else.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Tell them its not acceptable and send them back.   They can fix it, they can hire someone to fix it or take them back.   They have insurance, or UPS does.  Someone damaged it.  

And WTF they do not have parts for a speaker they sell?   That makes no sense unless it was a floor model 10  years old.

Is there something you are not telling us or leaving out as this seems like a no brainer.    You buy a car and it has a HUGE DOOR DENT.   The dealer will knock something off or have the body shop fix it. 

I mean you can blame Klipshe or the Postal carrier or just suck it up.

If you got it at some kind of bargain close out price you might just want to suck it up and pay someone to clean it up.  Its not that big a deal to get it fixed. 

"I mean you can blame Klipshe or the Postal carrier or just suck it up."

Give Klipshe a call and tell them how you feel. Pretty bold talk, let us know how that works for you :D :D :D

Mark