Yelp.....

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

I don't get the whole "review" thing either. How the heck do you trust either the good reviews or the bad ones? Good review from your grandma, bad review from your competition. I don't pay much attention to them. Mark, just keep doing the "the right thing" which is sounds like you're good at. Word of mouth is what counts along with repeat customers. I have always been lucky enough to have a mechanic or two that I like and trust. If I lived near you, I am sure I would take my cars to you. As aggravating as it is, don't waste too much time over it, I don't think that many people put much stock in reviews or YELP.

Wrong

Elaborate jimjimbo..... what ya thinking??

MKP :-)

Do not underestimate the power and influence of review sites like Yelp. For many people, Yelp is the only review site that they use, mainly because it is free and so very prevalent. I would certainly not recommend getting into an online argument with the negative reviewers, as it will only draw more attention to those negative reviews. I would encourage your friends and past customers who have had good experiences to post reviews. I write many reviews for hotel and restaurants, and I know the influence they have. Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

Interesting that ALL the local reviews are 5 stars, and the 2 @ 1 star reviews are from LA and LV with near identical language.

That in itself should be a red flag for Yelp.

What's kind of weird is some guy named Mark wrote the last review last night. LOL

I have an account with Yelp and haven't looked at for so long I forgot my PW. so I registered as  a new user and used 21157 as my zip code :D :D :D

Mark

• Like 1

30s.jpg

•  

This company has been sending me threats & hate messages for an honest review about my father's experience. Great way to run a business.

June 19, 2016

Posting a negative review because of someone else's "experience" must be contrary to Yelp policy. Same for her brother's review.

Yes, tomorrow will be a Monday... Stay strong!

• Like 1

30s.jpg
  •  

This company has been sending me threats & hate messages for an honest review about my father's experience. Great way to run a business.
June 19, 2016

Posting a negative review because of someone else's "experience" must be contrary to Yelp policy. Same for her brother's review.

Yes ...... my wife (AKA MKP'S BOSS) will be all over them tomorrow. 

Thanks mungkiman  ;)

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

30s.jpg
  •  

June 19, 2016

Yea, I don't think you have a lot to worry about from the MIT graduate Brooke P........

• Like 1

That reminds me, ever since you replaced my turn bulb the vehicle pulls left. :unsure:

The lamp housing was left loose causing drag at highway speeds as the coefficient of friction on one side is now greater than the other.  Perfectly logical explanation.

Customers will come to me with outlandish issues caused as a result of our repairs.  I always investigate and find out what is truly going on as strange things happen at times.  Things I could not imagine but make sense after investigation.  Like I said, they either have it coming or they don't.

• Like 1

So today my shop got SLAMMED with two bad reviews on Yelp. Not only did the customer give me a bad review he got his two adult kids to slam me also. The story is too long to tell.....but in the nutshell he wanted me to fix things on his car that I (my shop) was not reasonable for. There was no reasoning with man. For the life of me I could not make him understand that my workmanship and parts that I installed are not at fault..... and if they were I would be more than happy to take care of the problem.

Anyway..... the review..... He (the customer) slams me on Google review and his two kids take to the Yelp. Now his kids have nothing to do with this they were not in the picture at all. So this has really upset my wife and I. We only had a few reviews on Yelp three "good ones" and one bad one from this drunk that my wife through out the shop years ago.

After we read the two bad reviews on yelp this morning my wife and I decided to contact a bunch of our regular customers through e-mail to give us reviews on Yelp. We told them we got slammed and we asked them to give us there Honest review of our shop on Yelp. In our 18 years of running the shop we have never asked any of our customers to give us a review. With in twenty minutes we were getting e-mails from our customers saying they will be more than happy to help us. Later the "good" reviews started hitting the Yelp site for our business...... customers that have been coming to the shop for the last 15 years. It made us feel alot better that so many were so quick to stand with us.

Within two hours there were 10 new "good" reviews. Then later in the day "Yelp" takes down 6 of our new "good" reviews but still has the two "bad" reviews from the customers kids that has never done business with us. This is not the fist time this has happened to us. Over the years we have seen "good" reviews from customers only to be taken down. We contacted Yelp about this and there response was "the reviews were too good"...... Yea really.....

Over the years we have been contacted by Yelp to advertise with them.... we tell them no thanks....We have read a couple things about this were other business seem to think Yelp is a scam.... If you don't advertise with them they hold back your good reviews. I'm starting to think this might hold some merit.

Six of our new reviews taken down within hours of posting them????? Whats the deal???? We now have a call into Yelp about this.

In the last 18 years of running our shop we do very little advertising.... it's mostly word of mouth....

But we live in a society were people are so so quick to blame...... It has to be someone fault!!! we need to blame someone!!!......... It couldn't be the fact that my car is 13 years old and has 220k miles on..... It's gotta be that damn mechanics fault..... let me take to the keyboard and give him a bad review............People are all so power full behind that keyboard.......

What do you guys think about Yelp? Do you use it?

I'll update this Monday once we have heard back from Yelp.

Later....

That's what Yelp does. Modified form of extortion
  • Like 1

i am still struggling with Yelp - they aren't helpful at all.  removed brooke's review, but she just posted another. i have flagged that one too.  i was able to request a second review of cap's review - being that they decided not to remove it. after that, i received a feedback form from yelp.... :P

so i told them that reviews are posted by anyone about any business at any time.  those reviews can blatantly violate yelp guidelines, and be upheld by their review 'system.' yelp is the new 'crank call' for the pre-teens and grown idiots out there

and our real customers just shake their heads...wtf??

So today my shop got SLAMMED with two bad reviews on Yelp. Not only did the customer give me a bad review he got his two adult kids to slam me also. The story is too long to tell.....but in the nutshell he wanted me to fix things on his car that I (my shop) was not reasonable for. There was no reasoning with man. For the life of me I could not make him understand that my workmanship and parts that I installed are not at fault..... and if they were I would be more than happy to take care of the problem.

Anyway..... the review..... He (the customer) slams me on Google review and his two kids take to the Yelp. Now his kids have nothing to do with this they were not in the picture at all. So this has really upset my wife and I. We only had a few reviews on Yelp three "good ones" and one bad one from this drunk that my wife through out the shop years ago.

After we read the two bad reviews on yelp this morning my wife and I decided to contact a bunch of our regular customers through e-mail to give us reviews on Yelp. We told them we got slammed and we asked them to give us there Honest review of our shop on Yelp. In our 18 years of running the shop we have never asked any of our customers to give us a review. With in twenty minutes we were getting e-mails from our customers saying they will be more than happy to help us. Later the "good" reviews started hitting the Yelp site for our business...... customers that have been coming to the shop for the last 15 years. It made us feel alot better that so many were so quick to stand with us.

Within two hours there were 10 new "good" reviews. Then later in the day "Yelp" takes down 6 of our new "good" reviews but still has the two "bad" reviews from the customers kids that has never done business with us. This is not the fist time this has happened to us. Over the years we have seen "good" reviews from customers only to be taken down. We contacted Yelp about this and there response was "the reviews were too good"...... Yea really.....

Over the years we have been contacted by Yelp to advertise with them.... we tell them no thanks....We have read a couple things about this were other business seem to think Yelp is a scam.... If you don't advertise with them they hold back your good reviews. I'm starting to think this might hold some merit.

Six of our new reviews taken down within hours of posting them????? Whats the deal???? We now have a call into Yelp about this.

In the last 18 years of running our shop we do very little advertising.... it's mostly word of mouth....

But we live in a society were people are so so quick to blame...... It has to be someone fault!!! we need to blame someone!!!......... It couldn't be the fact that my car is 13 years old and has 220k miles on..... It's gotta be that damn mechanics fault..... let me take to the keyboard and give him a bad review............People are all so power full behind that keyboard.......

What do you guys think about Yelp? Do you use it?

I'll update this Monday once we have heard back from Yelp.

Later....

That's what Yelp does. Modified form of extortion

found this interesting... https://yelpcomplaints.wordpress.com/

• Like 1

i am still struggling with Yelp - they aren't helpful at all.  removed brooke's review, but she just posted another. i have flagged that one too.  i was able to request a second review of cap's review - being that they decided not to remove it. after that, i received a feedback form from yelp.... :P

so i told them that reviews are posted by anyone about any business at any time.  those reviews can blatantly violate yelp guidelines, and be upheld by their review 'system.' yelp is the new 'crank call' for the pre-teens and grown idiots out there

Looks like their plan is to play a game of Whack a Mole with you eating into your time and pocket book.

• Like 1

Looks like their plan is to play a game of Whack a Mole with you eating into your time and pocket book.

I guess I will cross off Yelp on the investment list.

JJK

• Like 1

I crank called you a good review and reported her as being out of the area so how could she judge your work? AND I've never been to Maryland :D :D :D

Mark

• Like 2