Klipsch RP 160m Tilted/Base Questions

RLink

Interested in purchasing these but just two questions:

1.  Is the speaker tilted or on an angle when sitting on the base?  Doesn't look like the top would be flat to put something on it in the pictures.

2.  Can the base be removed to just use the speaker?  Base looks a little bulky to me and not sure why it has has use other then cosmetic.

If you own them, please let me know if you really like them or not...............Thanks.

I used to own these. I asked if the bases could be removed and I was told, on this site, that they shouldn't be. The good news is that the speakers point flat, or at a very slight angle, when sitting.

They are wonderful speakers though, I even liked them over the Rb-5's, RB-81's and RB-61's I used to own.

I have some that gets played all the time, yeah they're angled. I'm not sure I'd put any pictures on top but I tend to keep a pile of vinyl on them and there's no issue with stuff like that. I wouldn't say the base is bulky in person myself, just kind of a non-issue. I really enjoy the sound of them, I have them set up next to some Heresy, on some material I actually enjoy these better.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Hopefully this helps you get an idea of how much they are tilted.  I placed one upside down for reference.  

disclaimer:  This is in a blacked out room with a phone camera that's been looking hazy and doing other weird things lately so don't get hung up on the quality of the pictures, this is only to illustrate the angle of the plinth.  

20160620_131606_zpsyrinikfc.jpg

20160620_123907_zpskjudg4wu.jpg

20160620_123922_zpsubyj75fa.jpg

20160620_124059_zps3kb2oypa.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters