NO Fishing

TasDom

A related story....

I was in court in Hope waiting on one of my cases to come up in municipal court. During the wait, a man had been charged with "telephoning" fish in the Red River. After the testimony, the man was convicted and fined $1500, confiscated his truck, trailer, boat, and motor. The hard thing on the guilty party was that the boat and trailer belonged to another man, and the motor, another. He had borrowed those items from, I assume, former friends. I would have hated to have been in his shoes!

Edited by Rivervalleymgb

Telephoning fish is when you use the generator of an old crank telephone to stun the fish, which then rise to the surface and can be grabbed by hand. The technique can also be used to cause worms to come out of the ground onto the surface so you can just pick them up for bait.

That pic makes me wonder if they let the fishermen off the boat before the 'penalty' was implemented or if they just blasted away.

I thought the same thing. The article said that they got the fishermen off the boat first

Now there is a squabble about one of them might have gotten hurt while receiving 'help' getting off the fishing boat.  

Telephoning fish is when you use the generator of an old crank telephone to stun the fish, which then rise to the surface and can be grabbed by hand. The technique can also be used to cause worms to come out of the ground onto the surface so you can just pick them up for bait.

A small Lincoln gas welder is much more effective than the old telephone method, but you didn't hear that from me.

That pic makes me wonder if they let the fishermen off the boat before the 'penalty' was implemented or if they just blasted away.

That would be the case if it would have occurred approx. 3500 mi. N.E. of Kuala Langsa, in N. Korea.

Edited by Gilbert

Never heard it called telephoning fish, but that might be because I do my fishing at Kroger. :D

https://oceansciencehistory.wordpress.com/2013/10/12/phoning-fish-the-strange-world-of-electrofishing/

"were particularly susceptible"

Playing the top make out songs through Khorns to my temptresses is like shooting fish in a barrel too. 

:)